Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-22-2018, 04:33 PM   #1
Murat888

Drives: Toyota ech
Question Toyota echo engine noise

Dear all
I have a 2005 Toyota echo 1.3 litre on 120,000 kms.when I start the car in the morning it runs well but the moment I put it on drive and start taking off I noticed that there is chirping noise or more like exhaust leak on low rev and as I get faster the noise disappears.I tried reving in parked mode and it doesn’t make that noise .I took it to the local mechanics they said it could be the belts so they tensioned the belts,but the noise is still there.Thanks for taking your time and reading my thread.
Murat888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 04:35 PM   #2
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murat888 View Post
Dear all
I have a 2005 Toyota echo 1.3 litre on 120,000 kms.when I start the car in the morning it runs well but the moment I put it on drive and start taking off I noticed that there is chirping noise or more like exhaust leak on low rev and as I get faster the noise disappears.I tried reving in parked mode and it doesn’t make that noise .I took it to the local mechanics they said it could be the belts so they tensioned the belts,but the noise is still there.Thanks for taking your time and reading my thread.
Welcome to this great site! You might want to ask a moderator to move your post to the maintenance section.

It does sound like a belt making noise. Even if the mechanic tightened the belt it might not help if the belt is worn badly. Belts may look fine but the ribs may be worn causing squeaking as the belt slips. Ask me how I know, lol. I replaced belts on both of my Yaris'. The 06 never made a sound but I replaced the alternator so it got a new belt. The 08 squeaked badly, so it got one.

Good luck and others more knowledgeable will probably come on and share their thoughts.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:45 PM   #3
zimmer

Drives: 2011 Yaris Sedan
Welcome to the group! It is probably the best time to replace the best if hasn't in a long time.
zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote