Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2009, 01:47 AM   #1
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Here is the best place to buy tools for all your DIYers

http://www.harborfreight.com/

For people who are just getting into working on thier cars. And not sure if they want to spend a ton of money buying tools that they will rarely use. This place is a great resource to get increadibly cheap cheap tools that are halfway decent. I work as a mechanic by trade and i go here ocassionally. Stuff is literally 5 percent of the price my local snapon tool truck sells the same tool for. Most of it is stuff that has been copied off original and molded using a cheaper material. And some of the stuff is exactly the same just no name brand.

I usually stick to stuff that is solid such as wrenches and screwdrivers that are pretty hard to break. But there are lots of other good things there. If you sign up for thier club membership you get email coupons for thier local store which is sometimes 60 percent more additional off thier already cheap prices.

So anyone looking to tackle on a DIY but afraid to because they dont have the tools yet heres the place to look.

As you get more seriouse and want to step up for some better tools but cheap heres another great place to check out. http://www.sjdiscounttools.com
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote