Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2007, 04:45 PM   #1
MeggiemobileSFLA

Drives: yaris sedan
Brakes question

So im having a few issues with my yaris that ive discussed with my dealership service dept already... Most of my things will be dealt with when i take it in on monday but i did have the mechanic guy at the dealership tell me that the "tick tick" noise EVERYTIME i hit the brakes is normal. He said that i have floating disc brakes that trigger some kind of switch when you push them and thats what is making the noise.. My car didnt do this the first week i had it and neither did the one i test drove. He said he would lube everything up for me but that wears away when it rains and it would continue to make the tick tick .... Does everyone elses brakes do that? Im being told that its normal and ive never heard of a brand new car having any kind of normal noises like that
MeggiemobileSFLA is offline   Reply With Quote