Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-12-2006, 05:38 AM   #1
tsakali_gr

Drives: Toyota Yaris T-Sport 1.8
Query On The New Yaris T-Sport Model!!

Hello everybody!!

I live in Europe, Greece and I have some questions regarding the new TOYOTA YARIS T-SPORT. I tried to find some relevant information on the official site of Toyota and on the forum, but i didn't find the answers i am looking for. So here are my queries:

1) I read somewhere that the new Yaris T-sport Model comes with an 1.8 lt engine. Is this true? Where can i find accurate technical characteristics for this car (for the European market)!?
2) Does anyone know if this model is coming to Europe -specifically in Mediterranean countries such as Italy, Greece e.t.c.- and when it is expected to be available in the market?
3) Regarding the purchase of this model, if it's not available in Europe-Greece, how much approximately would it cost to order it and import it from another country that has availability and in which countries can i find it?

I would appreciate it a lot if you guys could provide some feedback on my questions! I am planning to buy a car in the next 2-3 months so i want to decide what to do until September, and the Yaris T-Sport was my dream car since i was 18!!!

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Byezzzzz!
tsakali_gr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 07:39 AM   #2
fearturtle44

Drives: S Flint Mica
Is the T sport the same as the "S" sedan in US? I would suggest you go on Toyota.com and you can chat directly with someone regarding the Yaris.

Good luck.

Kevin
fearturtle44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:58 AM   #3
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
The "new" T-sport was just a concept. So far, there hasn't been any production information.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:49 PM   #4
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearturtle44
Is the T sport the same as the "S" sedan in US? I would suggest you go on Toyota.com and you can chat directly with someone regarding the Yaris.

Good luck.

Kevin

The T-sport is the "high-performance" hatch that was or is a concept, I believe initially for Europe only...it has nothing to do with the sedan (obviously being totally different cars), U.S. or otherwise...but hey that would be cool if they did a sedan version!
Anyway as Thirty-Nine said it just a concept...sigh We'll see!
Old 07-13-2006, 03:07 AM   #5
tsakali_gr

Drives: Toyota Yaris T-Sport 1.8
First of all thanks for your replies!!!

Now to make things clear. The T-Sport Edition of Yaris, at least in Europe, was for the past models the enhanced edition of the classic hatch model. To be more specific, for every edition of the Toyota Yaris since it's creation, we had in Europe a "T-Sport" edition. The first ever T-Sport came out around 2001 and they did a facelift to the car around 2003 with a new model. The T-Sport model had a 1.5lt engine, with 109bhp compared to the 1.3 and 1.1lt normal editions. Moreover, the T-Sport Edition had visual differences and larger bumpers, 15'' allow wheels, air intakes, spoiler and side skirts, racing suspension, leather interior and titanium parts (gearbox, pedals e.t.c.) and analog organs compared to the electronic of the standard editions. Generally it was what you would call a SPORT Yaris car and it was distinguised by the ''TTSPORT'' sign in the top left corner of the front bumper of the car. I have attached photos of each model to see what i mean. Now to my questions. I've been reading for the past months to websites and auto moto magazines that the Toyota Yaris T-Sport Concept Edition (which was first presented at The Geneva Show 2006) was due to production. I also read that it is expected to be available to all European markets around the last trimester of 2006 and that is why i am asking alll the questions in this thread!

All this with the hope that someone who knows specific things might reply!

Anyway, thanks again!!!
Attached Images

tsakali_gr is offline   Reply With Quote