Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-06-2010, 04:56 PM   #1
AND189
Banned

Drives: 2
Gun debate

Quote:
THIS PERSON HAS A GUN!! LOL

am i the only one who finds this weird....lol
ha ha

zachryboles
Quote:
AND189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:27 PM   #2
zachryboles
Chunk love Yarii

Drives: 2008 Silver 3DR Yaris Liftback
lol true that im a texas boy and ive pulled my piece from my car. and GARM...... AMAZING DESIGN!!!! i might want to change to that design if you can make em in the silver of my vehicle i might buy a set seriously just like they are.
zachryboles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:36 AM   #3
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
lol, i knbow it was in texas before i made the comment, but still, lol, looks a bit scary?!
Old 04-08-2010, 12:10 AM   #4
AND189
Banned

Drives: 2
aaahhh yeh mate sure lol yes i agree scary but expected
AND189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:27 AM   #5
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
Gun debate

Why are people with weapons scary? Shoot, I have a Glock G19 w/ spare mag, and Kel Tec P3AT on me 95% of the time. I OC the Glock all the time and don't ever get any flack for it.

My Nissan Hardbody (D21) 4x4 build log
Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
47_MasoN_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:45 AM   #6
GrimlockGT

Drives: 2009 3DR Blizzard Pearl CE
I'm so glad I live in Canada where we don't feel the need to carry guns.
GrimlockGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:56 AM   #7
47_MasoN_47

There has never been a crime committed in Canada? That's news to me.

I don't trust people, and anywhere that there are people, I'm going to have a weapon. I had someone try to carjack me 2 weeks after I bought my Yaris, and making the perp stare down the barrel of a .45 saved my Yaris from getting jacked and having to go through all that mess with law enforcement.

Besides, target shooting is a lot of fun anyway. My fiance and I always have a lot of fun at the range shooting targets (or computers occasionally :D).

Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
Old 04-08-2010, 02:26 PM   #8
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Only criminals are allowed to have guns in Canada!
Old 04-08-2010, 02:37 PM   #9
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
There has never been a crime committed in Canada? That's news to me.
No but the violent crime rate is a lot lower. And I'm willing to bet you know that, so your sarcastic comment pretty much ends the conversation, doesn't it?

Anyways... Eleanor Edition, yeah....
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:48 PM   #10
47_MasoN_47

Regardless of the violent crime rate, there is still violent crime. Until we reach a point where there is no crime (which would basically equate to there being no people remaining on the planet) there will be a need to defend oneself against malicious individuals.

If you choose to carry a weapon of any sort to defend yourself, or if you choose not to, that's none of my business, but personally I'm not going to become a victim of some jerkoff criminal. I feel somewhat insulted by being referred to as "scary" for simply defending myself and my fiance from harm. The justice system in this country is so broken that crime will continue to increase simply because our government doesn't care.

Last edited by tk-421; 04-09-2010 at 02:42 AM.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:44 PM   #11
zachryboles
Chunk love Yarii

Drives: 2008 Silver 3DR Yaris Liftback
guys stfu take it to another thread.... back to mine... GARM im deadly serious about wanting those side panels we need to discuss this further...
zachryboles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:13 AM   #12
yaris2010RS

Gun debate

lol, okay, this started because of a picture posted and someone had a gun holstered.

are guns scary?

lol, and we will go from there :)
Old 04-09-2010, 12:15 AM   #13
yaris2010RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47_MasoN_47 View Post
Regardless of the violent crime rate, there is still violent crime. Until we reach a point where there is no crime (which would basically equate to there being no people remaining on the planet) there will be a need to defend oneself against malicious individuals.

If you choose to carry a weapon of any sort to defend yourself, or if you choose not to, that's none of my business, but personally I'm not going to become a victim of some jerkoff criminal. I feel somewhat insulted by being referred to as "scary" for simply defending myself and my fiance from harm. The justice system in this country is so broken that crime will continue to increase simply because our government doesn't care.

Anyway, my apologies to the OP for hijacking your thread.
i agree with u on some issues, but disagree on others.
if u kill someone here (even though it was on ure property or self defence) u still go to jail, u are still a criminal (in this country)

i'm sorry but if someone tries to hijack ure car and u shoot them cuz they are a criminal, think and shoot ureself.....u've done the same and made ureself a criminal. an eye for an eye and eveyone is blind.

and gun are not scary, the picture caught me off guard (sketchy blacked out benz and guy outside it with a gun) lol

Last edited by tk-421; 04-09-2010 at 02:43 AM.
yaris2010RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:20 AM   #14
Stove

Drives: 2010 Yaris 5 Door
Short answer, No.
Stove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:32 AM   #15
SailDesign

Drives: .
Guns aren't scary - people who feel the need to carry them (outside of law enforcement) are the ones who scare me.
It's nothing personal, but that's how I feel. I have a target rifle, a squirrel rifle, and a 20ga shotgun upstairs in the locker - but I don't feel the need to carry them around town. If I did, I would simply move somewhere that didn't scare me so much.
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:58 AM   #16
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
It's the United States, we have a Constitutional Amendment that protects our right to bear arms…

Quote:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
While the American Bar Associations states “there is more disagreement and less understanding about this right than of any other current issue regarding the Constitution,” to most it is pretty straightforward… “the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.” Period.

Some states try to impede on that right, but most don’t; and the trend in the US has been towards reducing restrictions on gun ownership. Per Gallup reporting, “Americans as a whole may just be more accepting of gun rights now than in the past. Compared with views in 2000, each major demographic or attitudinal subgroup has shown a shift toward a more pro-gun stance on the question about whether gun laws should be more strict or less strict.”

It is ridiculous to be scared of a law-abiding citizen in possession of a firearm. This country was founded and has been and contiues to be defended by those very same individuals, both home and abroad.

Oddly enough though, Texas is not one of the least-restrictive states concerning gun laws. There are many regulations concerning where firearms may be carried, and one of the few states that has no provisions for open carry in public…

Still, it is a very pro-gun state and that's why I love it here so much!

Cheers! M2
Old 04-09-2010, 10:15 AM   #17
Slick

Drives: '09 3-Dr
Send a message via MSN to Slick
Guns don't kill people... nuh uh. I kill pe-ople, with guns POW!!!

Lolz I love that song
Old 04-09-2010, 01:09 PM   #18
darthbauer
Not really here...

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue S hatchback
Guns are no more dangerous than any other tool. If your a LEO then it's just a tool of your trade.

But, if you should feel the need to carry ANY weapon (handgun, knife, etc...) and your only intent to use it is to defend yourself then you should be able to.

I live in Orange County, CA and here it is damn near impossible to get a concealed weapons permit and open carry of a loaded weapon is illegal. If you ask me, that is infringing on my 2nd Amendment rights.

And don't get me started on other CA gun laws.