Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-06-2013, 12:15 AM   #19
Absolutely Red 12
Asshole

Drives: 2012 and 2013!
Quote:
Originally Posted by daf62757 View Post
Its odd that families that drive Toyotas always seem to buy Toyotas. Its like they are bunnies and reproduce!
My neighbors across the street have had Camrys since I moved here in 92, theyre grown kids also drive Camrys. The ones next door have 3 Hondas.

My house has 2 Nissans, and 2 Toyotas!
Old 05-06-2013, 03:21 AM   #20
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by daf62757 View Post
Its odd that families that drive Toyotas always seem to buy Toyotas. Its like they are bunnies and reproduce!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestylin View Post
It's a bug. Once you get bit, you can't leave the Yoda family. haha
My family's list of Toyota's:

1980's (?) Corolla Wagon
1993 Corolla
1999 Camry
2003 Camry
2005 Corolla
2006 Rav4
2007 Yaris
2011 Prius
2012 Prius C
2013 Prius Persona
2013 Prius C

And the models I don't remember the year model:

1980's (?) Corolla Wagon
80's Camry
80's MR2
90's MR2
2000's Celica
2000's Matrix
Celica Supra
Corona
Cressida
MR-S
Pickup

And I might be forgetting some. LOL
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:06 AM   #21
joshthorsc

Drives: 2012 Yaris SE 5spd
Congrats! I love having to spend $35 for almost a full tank every few weeks also. For the price, the Yaris is a great car.
joshthorsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #22
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutely Red 12 View Post
My neighbors across the street have had Camrys since I moved here in 92, theyre grown kids also drive Camrys. The ones next door have 3 Hondas.

My house has 2 Nissans, and 2 Toyotas!
I finally (again) have another Toyota in view on my street --- across the street and down one house the investors who own that house said adios to the tenants and moved in themselves. They have a Tercel and a big SUV (what a contrast). Otherwise lots of Hondas on my street...a Civic next door...an Accord across from him...and another Accord (as well as a Jeep SUV) across the side street from me (my house is on a corner). The guy on the other side of the Civic next door used to have a Yaris sedan, bit he traded that in for a G37 and then traded that in for the equivalent Infiniti SUV (he also has an Expedition and a vintage Mustang). I've never seen the Mustang out of the garage and they've lived there since the house was new in 2007.

I have to drive the last block of the street behind me to get out to the main road and that block (due to recent car changes) is a different story. About 70 percent of the people on that block have a Scion tC (perhaps should be in a Scion commercial!) and a full size pickup from one of the big 3. The only exceptions to that I can think of are 1 person has a 1 series BMW convertible and another person has a Yaris sedan with SOME missing wheel covers (drives me nuts.....always parks in the driveway and spends more on his gardener each month than it would cost to buy replacement wheel covers for the ones that are missing....replace, or take them all off and paint...or park the car in the garage!). His Yaris is currently the only other Yaris in my section of my development
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:48 PM   #23
B2FiNiTY

Drives: Prius C
like father like son. congrats.
B2FiNiTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #24
Superfly
Makin' it rain

Drives: 2012 Silver Yaris LE
Very cool, man! There needs to be more Gen3 Yari! I love that price too.
Superfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #25
nookandcrannycar

Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Hehe!!
I drive a GTR!!

These are my company cars! $30 to fill up every 2 weeks?? Yes Im hooked, yes they are a blast in LA traffic!!
They are also the least expensive cars out there, I didnt want a Versa!!
A GT-R accelerated and passed me earlier today on I-45. That engine has a great sound. For that reason (and others) I can understand the appeal/why you would buy one. I was just reading a Motor Trend article (on the internet) about the GT-R. The first comment was written by a SoCal buyer who had just bought one (the article was about the 2012). He wants to put a cat back exhaust system on it, but only if it doesn't void the warranty. I think that would ruin the appeal of the sound. I like the fact that it isn't too loud at low revs (I listened to one idle on YouTube). I imagine that if one were 'soft pedaling it', one could pull away from a house in a residential neighborhood (when most people might be asleep) and not wake anyone up.....and then enjoy the deep throatiness of the exhaust at higher revs once on the interstate or in a rural canyon.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:51 PM   #26
Absolutely Red 12
Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
A GT-R accelerated and passed me earlier today on I-45. That engine has a great sound. For that reason (and others) I can understand the appeal/why you would buy one. I was just reading a Motor Trend article (on the internet) about the GT-R. The first comment was written by a SoCal buyer who had just bought one (the article was about the 2012). He wants to put a cat back exhaust system on it, but only if it doesn't void the warranty. I think that would ruin the appeal of the sound. I like the fact that it isn't too loud at low revs (I listened to one idle on YouTube). I imagine that if one were 'soft pedaling it', one could pull away from a house in a residential neighborhood (when most people might be asleep) and not wake anyone up.....and then enjoy the deep throatiness of the exhaust at higher revs once on the interstate or in a rural canyon.
Modding a GTR is like modding a Ferrari. It was designed to be a perfect balance.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:12 PM   #27
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Modding a GTR is like modding a Ferrari. It was designed to be a perfect balance.
More power to you for owning one in the U.S. and hanging on to your DL. I don't think I could do it. I think I might have to be in Germany .
Old 05-12-2013, 03:28 AM   #28
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2X_W-2wCnU

Especially once the engine is warmed up (don't really like loud idles).
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #29
Absolutely Red 12
Asshole

Quote:
More power to you for owning one in the U.S. and hanging on to your DL. I don't think I could do it. I think I might have to be in Germany .
Last time I was pulled over, the cop asked me, did I know why he stopped me.
I responded, cause you thought I was an 18 year old in daddys 100K car!
As I handed my license, and AARP card!! He laughed!!

P.S.
My hair is below my shoulders!!

Last edited by Absolutely Red 12; 05-12-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Absolutely Red 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #30
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Last time I was pulled over, the cop asked me, did I know why he stopped me.
I responded, cause you thought I was an 18 year old in daddys 100K car!
As I handed my license, and AARP card!! He laughed!!
Old 05-12-2013, 04:34 PM   #31
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
(don't really like loud idles).
Neither do I. Across the street and down two houses from me on my street (my house is on a corner, but it is a T intersection) the owners of the house decided to move into the house themselves, displacing the tenants who hadn't been there very long. This made me quite happy because the tenants drove an RX-7 convertible and a Mitsubishi SUV, both with very loud (at any rev point) aftermarket exhausts. Both drivers drove both vehicles. One of them would leave for work at 5-5:30 in the morning, park the vehicle to be used that day out on the street, and then sit there and warm the car up for what seemed like 10-15 minutes before leaving. I wonder if people complained, and if so did that prompt the owners to 'motivate' them to move out.