Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2017, 04:27 PM   #1
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
ABS sensor brainstorming

Hey inmates,

So I recently changed my CV shaft (last night) due to a torn boot and right after I was done, I got an ABS code.....yay....

so I assume when I was putting the new shaft in, I clobbered the ABS sensor and broke it.

Back story, I also own a 2013 wrangler and need to do speed sensors every few months because Chrysler is garbage.....but anyways they cost like 30 bucks so w.e.

So I got out my trusty ABS code reader (because when you own a jeep you need all the goodies) and found the code to be C1405, which is open circuit/ fault in the front right. which to me solidifies the fact that I clobbered it with the CV shaft.

The problem, the new ABS sensor is about 280 bucks from Toyota (CV shaft from Canadian tire with lifetime warranty was only 140 with tax).....so I don't want to replace it and have it be something silly, im pretty sure with the code c1405 even if I has installed the CV shaft backwards, it still says the issue is with the sensor not the encoder. its been cold and raining all day so I haven't had a chance to pull the sensor and see how it looks or test the circuit.

anyone know of a cheaper alternative to the Toyota ABS sensor? contacted all local wreckers and no one has a yaris in the lot.