Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Suggestions - Feedback - Questions
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 10:19 PM   #1
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
JDM/TDM labeling issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Excuse me? Please let me know what part of the product description is incorrect, and I'll edit it.
The "JDM" part used for your marketing of those headlamps...
You sound like the guys on eBay slapping JDM labels on their products..

The term JDM is used for parts from the land of Japan, true, but OEM can be anything factory from Toyota for that specific market like the last two have said.

JDM should be used only for the "Belta" car..that is the car in Japan, not Vios. Use TDM or OEM TDM...JDM is just being overused here to sell your product...plain and simple.

If you were selling the auto climate controls from a Belta, sure, go ahead and slap the "JDM" on it..but not these projectors that aren't sold OEM by Toyota in Japan for the Belta.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
Yeah, JDM is just a term used to emphasize peoples desire to have a vehicle as it was built for the Japanese Domestic Market. Has nothing to do with the various parts buckets used to assemble a car built for and sold in Japan.
Understood but these projectors do not come fitted on a Belta in Japan. Thus your first sentence becomes invalid, sorry to say. It becomes the desire to have a TDM Vios then, not JDM Vios.

Last edited by Kioshi; 12-14-2013 at 10:40 PM.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:41 PM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
I removed the phrase "JDM". Are we all good now? It's an honest mistake/typo/whatever -- NOT a promotional gimmick. Geez! The reference to eBayers is especially nasty, Kioshi -- you know I have supported this community for a long time now, even when it doesn't serve me financially.

@yarisugi -- I'm sure I can fix you up with a better price. LOL
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:12 AM   #3
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
I removed the phrase "JDM". Are we all good now? It's an honest mistake/typo/whatever -- NOT a promotional gimmick. Geez! The reference to eBayers is especially nasty, Kioshi -- you know I have supported this community for a long time now, even when it doesn't serve me financially.

@yarisugi -- I'm sure I can fix you up with a better price. LOL
likewise your reply to "G".

I know you have, I've seen the early days of you selling products on here, i supported you by buying from you directly. H&R 10mm Front spacers, camber bolts, exhaust from...forget user...HID kit btw which is still solid and rocking since 2009 , misc.

As time went on, things changed. I agree you did a lot for the community here and continue to do so on MI, w/o a doubt.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:07 PM   #4
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
As time went on, things changed.
Sorry to butt in, but how would you say things have "changed" in regards to Garm? He has been around longer than any other seller (and most active members too), always with great communication and service. I rarely deal with anyone else for new parts for my Yaris.

Quote:
I agree you did a lot for the community here and continue to do so on MI, w/o a doubt.
So where's the beef? Including "JDM" in some product description? This was fixed as soon as it was brought to his attention.

Just laying things flat; not trying to start anything*.

Last edited by tk-421; 12-16-2013 at 06:08 PM. Reason: * other than perhaps some healthy discourse.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:14 PM   #5
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

^ Ha, neither was I!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:30 PM   #6
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk-421 View Post
Sorry to butt in, but how would you say things have "changed" in regards to Garm? He has been around longer than any other seller (and most active members too), always with great communication and service. I rarely deal with anyone else for new parts for my Yaris.

So where's the beef? Including "JDM" in some product description? This was fixed as soon as it was brought to his attention.

Just laying things flat; not trying to start anything*.
I don't think you want the answer to your first question....because I do have a legitimate answer for that. I'd rather PM you it than humiliate him on public forums. Because I have some decency in me and following rules
Don't be so quick to judge, things go on in the back that you'll never hear about...ie: Customer service and attitudes.

It wasn't fixed right away...it was fixed after my response. The beef was Garms remark to "G", plain and simple.

I know, you're a moderator, with due respect.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:41 PM   #7
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Seriously? Interesting that you'd hint at whatever it is you're talking about, publicly, but not have the guts to have a conversation with me directly. Lame.

The product description was fixed as soon as I read a clear answer to my question. Period.

And finally, my remark was to kioshi. Not "G".

tk, glad you at least are getting the due respect.... and here we go again.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:07 AM   #8
tk-421
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
I don't think you want the answer to your first question....because I do have a legitimate answer for that. I'd rather PM you it than humiliate him on public forums. Because I have some decency in me and following rules
Don't be so quick to judge, things go on in the back that you'll never hear about...ie: Customer service and attitudes.

It wasn't fixed right away...it was fixed after my response. The beef was Garms remark to "G", plain and simple.

I know, you're a moderator, with due respect.
Appreciate the respect. I just hope we can resolve this without resorting to name-calling.

Again, being that I've personally dealt with Garm on many, many occasions (just look at my garage sometime ), I am honestly interested in knowing what made you change your mind about MI, and I'm sure Garm would appreciate it too.

If you prefer to take this to PM with Garm, then by all means let me know and I'll close this thread outright. I'm here to help you guys work it out if I can.
Old 12-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #9
tk-421
Super Moderator

Looks like this isn't going anywhere... Closing thread for now.