Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-01-2009, 12:03 AM   #37
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckevalastin View Post
the Yaris just isn't a car that will ever gain the attention of collectors.
It may not in the big powered vehicle land that we live in, but it may in other countries like in Asia or Europe, or hell even Africa.

Theres 6 something billion people in the world....~ You never know what can/could happen~
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:47 AM   #38
minired5stby

Drives: Yaris S liftback
I like my "S" too. The reason I got it was to have some kind of kit and be done with it since its main purpose was to be a daily driver, but you know how that goes. Once a tuner always a tuner. Check it out:

minired5stby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:28 AM   #39
computerlove87
The Fit is NO!

Drives: '09 3DR "S"|'87 Caddy Brougham
Send a message via MSN to computerlove87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
sexy 09 S model computerlove87...can't wait to see it in 3 more days ;)

By the way, is that City College Parking lot?
Yes it is city college. I got there about an hour early for class, so I snapped cell pics.

The S package is totally worth it for me, I think the 2009 S is one of the best body kits I have seen for the Yaris, not to mention the shiny silver fabric, dark trim interior, upgraded head unit (sat radio and ipod interface), tach, etc.. My only regreat is that I tried to save money by not getting the power package with alloy (I have the power package with steel). By saving $400, I now will want to spend upwards of $1500 somewhere down the road to get rims, tires, and rear disc brakes.

For now, I just bought chrome trim rings and those cool (I thin they're cool) center caps from mid 90's tercel/corolla. pic here:
http://www.hubcaps-wheelcovers.com/photo/IMG_3431_1.JPG
and spacers to make them sit flush with the fender.

Here is another pic, I call it "Yaris Wagon S" I made my back line up with the back of the sedan. Wouldn't it be cool if there was a wagon like this instead of the 5 door hatch?)
Name:  IMAGE_144.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  142.4 KB

Please ignore the Ferrari
computerlove87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:49 AM   #40
Deltasix

Drives: '07 Liftback: Work in Progress
Send a message via AIM to Deltasix
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDMarty View Post
Again guys, count how many ''S'' Liftbacks you see in a month.
Quite a few, especially when I was in MA.

I really can't believe that some people are convinced that their "S" model will be a rare "collectors item."

Yes, collector's garages of the future will be filled with Corvettes, Mustangs, Supras, GTRs, and Yaris S 3/5 door models.

Last edited by Deltasix; 07-01-2009 at 03:28 AM.
Deltasix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:33 AM   #41
kustom play
pink wheels are cool

Drives: 07 liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltasix View Post

I really can't believe that some people are convinced that their "S" model will be a rare "collectors item."

Yes, collector's garages of the future will be filled with Corvettes, Mustangs, Supras, GTRs, and Yaris S 3/5 door models.
i seriously lol'ed at that

the S is nice no doubt but 3K for a black interior and a lip kit package just doesnt really fly with the type of people who buy the yaris

we are a select few of people who love the yaris and choose this little beast to mod

99% of the yari i see on the road are driven by normal every day point A to point B people

in the year ive had mine ive seen a total of 2 modded yari, and i dont mean like we do it i mean like wheels and "tintzzzzzzzz"

http://www.4055design.com
kustom play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:23 PM   #42
darthbauer
Not really here...

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue S hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltasix View Post

Rare, yes. Collectors item, no. Ive seen like three or four other ones (ever) and I'm usually the only S that shows up to meets.

It's like the guy I know that has a 1992 Isuzu Impulse RS. Super rare car but by no means a collector car.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:52 PM   #43
Nova8518

Drives: 2009 5dr Yaris Sport
2009 s model

I have a 2009 5 door s liftback. I've only seen one 2008 model on the road (which I didn't like IMO) and one 2009 3 door. I've never seen a 5 door around where I live. I think its pretty uncommon, like everybody says no one is willing to pay the extra cash for it. The reason I got one is because I don't see them on the road and I got a great deal on mine.
Attached Images

Nova8518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:45 PM   #44
guzziknight

Drives: 2008 Yaris S
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlainMikli View Post
even Corolla (S), is a way faster than the base model, I don't know why yaris "S" using the same engine as the base model
Actually, according to one of the dealers here, the Corolla S is just like the Yaris S, cosmetic changes only. No change to the engine. According to the Toyota web site, the 2010 Corolla and Corolla S both make 132 HP.

I asked him why that was, since I agree, the S package should be faster as well. He said Toyota feels that more people would be interested in the cosmetic changes only, rather than the engine upgrades. Maybe he's smoking crack, I don't know. I too think that the S should be faster, but considering how much more it already costs, do you think it would sell if it was another $2-3K over what it is now? I think it would be a hard sell if it was priced close to a Civic SI.

The only reason I bought the S sedan I have was because it was used and the price was right. Otherwise, I would have considered a base model.

Just my opinion...
Old 07-05-2009, 01:37 AM   #45
CDavis7M

Drives: 1990 Supra Turbo
An engine upgrade to an already slow car would be too costly for very little benefit. A suspension upgrade would be cheaper (both parts and meeting federal regulations) but most people would not pay more to a harsher ride. So, it was cosmetic upgrades only.
CDavis7M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:07 AM   #46
TRDMarty

Drives: Polar White 2008, 3Dr HB TRD '
So what do you think the ratio is?????
''S'' to base model owners.
A)1 out of every 10
B)1 out of every 20
C)1 out of every 30
D)1 out of every 40
E)1 out of every 50
TRDMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:54 PM   #47
chibipod

Drives: '09 3DR LB S MT Meteorite
I haven't seen a single one since I bought mine 8 months ago, so I'm going with "E" (I usually see at least 1 base model every time I hit the road). I've been trying to find out what the ratio is of "S"/base that Toyota builds - anyone have an idea?
chibipod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:39 AM   #48
computerlove87
The Fit is NO!

Drives: '09 3DR "S"|'87 Caddy Brougham
Send a message via MSN to computerlove87
Dear "S" haters,

If you think the S is not worth it, Here is what it would take to go from a "fully loaded Regular" Yaris to a "fully loaded Yaris S" in my area code:

That means I would need:

Black: A, B, C Pillars, Door Arm Rests, rear arm rests, sun visors, ceiling fabric
UPGRADED INTERIOR FABRIC (Black with shiny silver dots instead of cheesy blue dots)
Leather wrapped steering wheel
ipod kit
BUILT IN TACH (impossible, requires tacky add on)
fog lights
cruise control
blackened a/c control knobs
chrome trim door handles, vents, e-brake
Front, rear ground effects
side skirts
rear spoiler
leather shift knob
Darker silver trim around the A/C controls
And of course, the stick on "S" on the back

If you think you can do all those mods decently for under $2k (including labor or the time and hassle it would take to do it yourself), then I agree, the "S" was not worth it for me!

On a side note though, I think Toyota should go back to calling their top of the line models "Limited Edition", that is a more accurate description of what the car gives you than "S" which conjures up the thought that the car is faster in some way. My car might not be faster than a regular Yaris, but the nicer appointments (particularly in the interior) make it feel a little bit more high quality/luxury.

Please ignore the Ferrari
computerlove87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:06 AM   #49
kustom play
pink wheels are cool

im getting a complete S interior this weekend :)

you could do all those things you posted for under if not around 2K

nobody is hating on the S, most people on here just would rather mod the car with 2g then spend it on body parts.

I like the S model (08 version, i think the 09 looks like the matrix) but it looks nice, but i would rather pick up the JDM RS kit from Garm for 1k, i think its the best looking kit for the yaris hands down.

everybody envisions what they could do with an extra 2K, some would go your way, others a different way but we still all drive yaris and with an extra 2k you could make the yaris a lot faster

most of the fun I find is working on the yaris, would not be any fun if everything was done for you. Plus I like to tell people all the work I have into my yaris, remember you cant buy respect, you build it :)

Old 07-08-2009, 02:21 PM   #50
Deltasix

Drives: '07 Liftback: Work in Progress
Send a message via AIM to Deltasix
I never really understood why someone who didn't automatically agree with whatever someone else said, and love to the same level as that other person loved something, is a "hater."

Nobody here is "hating" on anything, merely saying that with out money, we'd rather do something different. And with the brand of car we enjoy driving, wish other things would be done from the manufacturer.

I'd personally rather spend 2K on things that make my car handle better and go faster, rather than different fabric, more plastic parts, and "dark trim around the ac controls."

Plus, I find it fun to modify the Yaris, not a hassle.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:27 PM   #51
TRDMarty

Drives: Polar White 2008, 3Dr HB TRD '
Well said by everyone, cause we like our cars how we see it and how others see it.
Thats why I chose the ''S'' liftback and I'm still willing to spend more $$$$$ cause thats what I like. Looks and performance. Thats why we have Garm to turn to for our Yari needs, no matter the individual taste.
From my post 5 spots above:
So what do you think the ratio is?????
''S'' to base model owners.

E)1 out of every 50

Marty
TRDMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:18 PM   #52
darthbauer
Not really here...

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue S hatchback
It also depends on what area your talking about for the ratio. I see about 3 to 5 hatch backs a day and I have still only seen about 3 "S" models.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:01 PM   #53
Just Do It

Drives: Soon to be Yaris owner?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova8518 View Post
I have a 2009 5 door s liftback. I've only seen one 2008 model on the road (which I didn't like IMO) and one 2009 3 door. I've never seen a 5 door around where I live. I think its pretty uncommon, like everybody says no one is willing to pay the extra cash for it. The reason I got one is because I don't see them on the road and I got a great deal on mine.
Hey! I'm also interested in purchasing a 5 Door S. Just wondering how much you paid since you said you got a great deal? Thanks!
Just Do It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:06 PM   #54
kustom play
pink wheels are cool

for 5 door S with no stick option