Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-08-2014, 04:02 AM   #1
robertkk
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris 2012
Yaris 2011 3rd gen rear view camera problem

Hello
I am trying to install RVC in my mother's Yaris.
It's European hatchback, built in 2012 in France.

To make everything smooth, I got used Toyota Touch unit, Toyota camera and hatch wiring harness.

I was quite happy to see extra plug waiting in the radio compartment looking like F117 connector, so just replaced the hatch harness with camera connector.

Unfortunately nothing happens when putting reverse.
I'm not to familiar with Toyota system, so not sure if information like, "no signal detected" should appear in the screen or something.
I cannot exclude that unit or camera is broken at this stage, however radio, including steering wheel controls is working correctly.

I checked all other threads and found wiring for RVC, however it looks like my F117 connector cables are different?
According to the diagram, I'm missing pins 9 and 10 and have only 5 wires - is it ok ?

So I'm wondering if I'm missing CAN signal from reverse - or missing wires from hatch to radio.

I'm going to check the voltage on the pins and wires continuity with the meter, but the problem is that I have very limited access to the car, so any suggestion would be highly welcome.
Any thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F117-plug.jpg (51.1 KB, 141 views)
File Type: png rear camera.png (58.3 KB, 137 views)
robertkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:28 PM   #2
ReedH

Drives: 2013 Toyota Yaris Hybrid
I think you're reading the diagram wrong. Pins 9 and 10 go to connector "J" which is F115. The 5 wires you have are equivalent to what mine had. There's a reverse wire that goes into the longer connector on the back of the radio. Is that installed? I'll try to add a picture.
ReedH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:56 PM   #3
ReedH

Drives: 2013 Toyota Yaris Hybrid
Here's a picture of the connector and the wire that you need to add. This wire tells the system that the car is in reverse.

As a test, you can try connecting this to the cigarette lighter or another +12V source in the car. You want this pin to be +12V when the car is in reverse(connect the other end of the wire to a +12V reverse signal). Some have found the reverse wire in bundle in the driver kick panel. You can do that or you can wire it to the reverse/tail light harness.

Last edited by ReedH; 06-20-2014 at 07:04 PM.
ReedH is offline   Reply With Quote