Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-31-2014, 10:01 AM   #1
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
E Brake Cable

My fiancee's '02 Echo only engages one of the rear wheels when the parking brake is applied. Not a huge deal considering it has 338,000km on it and will be getting replaced in a couple years. However, i had the same problem on my old Hyundai years ago and couldn't find a good description of going about to fix it.

If anyone has any info or experience in how to go about fixing this that would be a huge help. In case this ever happens to my Yaris I'd like to have fixed it on her car so I know what to do in the future.

I am assuming the cables are all sealed under the car as I can't see any cable from underneath her car. Do I need to remove the middle console to access the snapped cable? I am assuming that it is a single cable from the brake lever that splits into two going to each brake? Both cables are connected at the brake shoes so the issue is further up the cable.

Thanks in advance
tmontague is offline   Reply With Quote