Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2015, 02:20 PM   #1
vinny121

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Red face Battery charge light on intemittant

battery light is on intermittantly

Hi, My Yaris with 133K miles has an intermittent issue with the battery warning light.
It seems to happen after a rainstorm and/or after a cold start. My battery keeps a steady charge but when the battery light is on, it affects engine performance slightly.
I notice the battery light mostly during idle. I have read posts of the voltage regulator and the corroded screw connections.

I searched through the car-parts.com website for used parts but did not find local results. Also I contacted Toyota and they want $620 for a new alternator and this doesn't include labor to install. My local repair shop says that it costs $384 for part and labor to install an aftermarket alternator and they won't take apart the original one.

I went through a similar behavior when the rear abs sensors had to be cleaned and never had an issue after I used electronic sensor cleaner spray on them. There is no way to fix this without taking the alternator off the yaris and taking it apart? I actually broke a ratchet socket attempting to take the top bolt off and was unsuccessful. Your help is appreciated. Thanks
vinny121 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery warning light