Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-07-2009, 01:10 PM   #1
Adrenalingirl_K

Drives: yaris
Gauge Cluster Swap, other interior swap questions.

Is it a direct swap to the gauges with the Tach in it? Plug and play so to speak? Is the odo info stored in the gauges or in the ecu?

Also, is the car pre wired for power windows, so all I would have to do is swap all the stuff over? Sounds like a weird question, but i know most manufacturers run the wiring for everything so it's one less part to produce seperately. IE cars without fog lights often times are wired for them, you just need to install the lights themselves, which I am hoping is the case with the window motors.

Same deal with the cruise control, is it wired, just needs the hardware?

Any insight would be appreciated. Some is more curiosity for if I find a good deal, but the tach is a big thing right now as I want to start autocrossing and don't really want to install an aftermarket tach.

Last edited by Adrenalingirl_K; 04-07-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Adrenalingirl_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:37 PM   #2
yarstar

Drives: 2008 Absolute Red HB
It's not plug and play. AFAIK, no one on here has been able to do it successfully. I think someone switched out a dash from a Canadian model, but then you have Kms for speed.

I looked at quite a few options, but settled on a small tach on the top of the steering column. I used a GlowShift that nearly matches the dash lighting AND I can still get into my driver side glovebox.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:31 PM   #3
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
the ODO is stored in the cluster.

and, do you really need a tach for auto-x ?? I don't think so.
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:23 AM   #4
Adrenalingirl_K

Drives: yaris
Yeah, you do, waiting till you hit the rev limiter to shift to second is a poor way to do it and waiting till the car leaves it's power band to wait to down shift is an even worse idea. Hell, I mean, if you just downshifted when it was slow, you would never find a gear low enough.
Adrenalingirl_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:32 AM   #5
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

Drives: 15 STI
Send a message via AIM to mikenacarato
i just added and aftermarket tach
mikenacarato is offline   Reply With Quote