Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-23-2008, 12:50 AM   #1
gid

Drives: '08 Yaris sedan , '08 Liftback
I say ...

new buyers wait month or two , you should see rebates appear due the cold weather and slumping sales . Go to TOYOTA website about 2 > 4 days into new month to look for incentives in your area or neighboring state(s) . The state next to you may have larger discount than yours , so may be worth a border raid depending on how far you'll need to travel .
gid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:27 AM   #2
Letsrock

Drives: 2009 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by gid View Post
new buyers wait month or two , you should see rebates appear due the cold weather and slumping sales . Go to TOYOTA website about 2 > 4 days into new month to look for incentives in your area or neighboring state(s) . The state next to you may have larger discount than yours , so may be worth a border raid depending on how far you'll need to travel .
We got the dealer to lower the price by $880.00 . But they wanted the sale. Plus ther Yaris and Prius are selling like crazy here. So they could of said no.
They said that they have been selling about a dozen Yaris a week.
Letsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:06 AM   #3
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Yeah, Yaris and Prius are still selling well despite gas going down to $2.31/gal here; I guess folks expect it to go up again sometime in the near future. Larger, gas-hogging vehicles you can get a deal on; but economy cars are still very limited when it comes to negotiating.

Plus, the closest "next state over" is over five hours/330 miles away. Living in southcentral Texas, things tend to be kinda far away from each other. Going west from here, El Paso is 7½ hrs/550 miles away...

Cheers! M2
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:36 AM   #4
voodoo22

Drives: Yaris Sedan (auto)
don't wait too long though, next summer will probably see higher prices for economical cars as demand grows along with gas prices and suppliers get supply in line with the decreasing numbers required to meet demand.
voodoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:55 AM   #5
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
i repeat, TOYOTA WILL NOT BE OFFERING A REBATE OR ANYTHING ELSE ON ITS BEST SELLING CAR RIGHT NOW....

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:09 AM   #6
DFA
Compulsive Washer

Drives: 08' AT Meteorite Metallic LB
Send a message via MSN to DFA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKLAND TOYOTA View Post
i repeat, TOYOTA WILL NOT BE OFFERING A REBATE OR ANYTHING ELSE ON ITS BEST SELLING CAR RIGHT NOW....
Makes perfect sense.

DFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:11 AM   #7
Bob_VT

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
Quote:
+1 Yup. Rockland is right on that. Actually the only break you may see will be in MAY 09 or June 09 and it will be very very tiny...... history repeats itself

Come to the DARKSIDE..... We have candy
Bob_VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 12:39 PM   #8
b_hickman11

Drives: 08 Sedan
Quote:

+1, he is right, for once....
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:57 PM   #9
Letsrock

Drives: 2009 Yaris
And the o% financing Toyota commercials the Yaris and Prius are not included in that deal.
Letsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:53 PM   #10
gid

I wouldn't count on that . The COROLLA sells well and now has a $500 > 750 rebate . With the economic crunch I lean towards an incentive for the YARIS . Have to see how this pans out in the next few months .
Old 10-23-2008, 11:16 PM   #11
b_hickman11

Quote:
I wouldn't count on that . The COROLLA sells well and now has a $500 > 750 rebate . With the economic crunch I lean towards an incentive for the YARIS . Have to see how this pans out in the next few months .
Corolla's are built in the US and Canada while the Yaris is built in Japan. Therefore there are a lot more Corolla's available in this country as opposed to the Yaris. Compared to the number of Corolla's and Camry's(both built in the US), Toyota doesn't ship that many Yaris's to the US. The same thing goes for the Pirus. It's only made in Japan until 2010 when it will start be produced at Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Mississippi, Inc. (TMMMS)
Old 10-23-2008, 11:34 PM   #12
gid

quite aware ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_hickman11 View Post
Corolla's are built in the US and Canada while the Yaris is built in Japan. Therefore there are a lot more Corolla's available in this country as opposed to the Yaris. Compared to the number of Corolla's and Camry's(both built in the US), Toyota doesn't ship that many Yaris's to the US. The same thing goes for the Pirus. It's only made in Japan until 2010 when it will start be produced at Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Mississippi, Inc. (TMMMS)
where they're produced . Have to wait and see if incentives arrive in near future .
Old 10-23-2008, 11:39 PM   #13
gid

actually ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_hickman11 View Post
some of the '09 COROLLAs are built in JAPAN , know this because came down to a '09 COROLLA or the '08 YARIS sedan , YARIS won . Being built in JAPAN doesn't mean squat for quality these days from past and present experiences , derived from test drives of TOYOTA / SCION cars and the 2 YARIS we have .
Old 10-24-2008, 02:09 AM   #14
von tirpitz

Drives: Toyota Sedan
This year (late January early February) they had $1000 Cash Back or 0%APR Financing available for the Yaris Sedan (no cash back on LB) in my region. If gas prices continue to drop I think we'll see incentives again for the Yaris early next year…
von tirpitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:24 AM   #15
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
Quote:
corolla DON'T sell as well seeing as its a 17k car now.......

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:31 AM   #16
b_hickman11

Quote:
some of the '09 COROLLAs are built in JAPAN , know this because came down to a '09 COROLLA or the '08 YARIS sedan , YARIS won . Being built in JAPAN doesn't mean squat for quality these days from past and present experiences , derived from test drives of TOYOTA / SCION cars and the 2 YARIS we have .
Which is still why there is an overflow of Corollas and very few Yaris's. My local dealer has 20 Corollas and no Yaris's....
Old 10-24-2008, 12:18 PM   #17
otterhere

Drives: 2008 Yaris 3-door Meteorite
Awesome news... At last, justification for hanging onto my old 2000 car for another few months and taking my time buying that 2009 Yaris... I can order until 10/09, correct???
otterhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:42 PM   #18
b_hickman11

order?