Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
My replacement Yaris gets much worse MPG?

I used to drive a 2007 manual transmission yaris 3 door HB and I could get 38MPG with absolutely no amount of conservation in my driving. I could thrash it around like a go-kart and it would give me 38 average.

That car unfortunately was totaled (Lady rear ended me and smashed me into car in front of me) and replaced with a 2009 Auto Transmission 3 door yaris with almost exactly the same amount of miles on it. I BARELY get 31MPG out of the thing, and that's driving as conservative as I possibly can. I mean just barely going in the thing.

As you might expect, I'm very disappointed as this was one of the great things about my old yaris, I could really joke around in it and still get 38 avg MPG. If I was conservative I could get over 40!

Is it all just down to the fact that this one is AT? Are there things I can check that may be lowering my MPG?

Thanks all, with gas prices not going down I really would like to get my MPG back up to where my old Yaris was if possible. (of course)
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote