Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-12-2007, 05:37 PM   #19
AaronATL

Drives: 2007 yaris hatchback
maybe he/she has a stupid mechanic, in which all
his fixes include: lube or duct tape idon't know
I was giving a possible answer to post.

kinetic energy translated to heat by friction
AaronATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:16 PM   #20
sambo42xa

Drives: 07 YARIS Automatic/LiftBac/Red
There was totally nothing wrong with your (or ANYONE elses) posting of a possible answer to his (any) post. I ONLY was quoting you (instead, it quoted your entire post) mentioning about the reverse part where as this was not mentioned at all in his post about the brake noises while driving in reverse. Just didn't think his entire post was read thouroughly, that's all. Nothing against you!
Ok?
sambo42xa
Southern, NH
Old 03-14-2007, 05:45 PM   #21
MeggiemobileSFLA

Drives: yaris sedan
Thanks

Thanks for all your guys' input... I think im gonna try another dealership beacuse im getting the same kinds of responses to my car issues. I actually left it with them for a day, they claimed it was fixed and it came back the same way it was when i left it!! I got a very persistent tick tick in the brakes pretty much EVERY time i use them and i got some kind of spring sounding noise evertime i turn the car on and put it in gear and then hit the gas. It only happens that one time(the initial press of the gas) and they straight up told me they dont know what that noise is. Then they said they fixed it and they didnt and now im even more freaked out now that they really dont know what their doing. I have like 550 miles on my car, ive only owned it 3 weeks and i have these 2 issues that seem to be "unfixable". Does everyone else agree i should try another dealership or are they gonna blow me off since i didnt buy the car from them? i keep goin back to the one i bought it from
MeggiemobileSFLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:34 PM   #22
sambo42xa

I don't know, I'm kind of stuck on this post...I don't know why. You didn't mention if you already did any of the suggestions that other people stated on here. Now your asking for suggestion...again? Now your getting spring sounding noises everytime you start the car, put it in gear, hit the gas ? But they don't know what the noise is, but they say it's now fixed??
Nothing against you, but WTF?! Who's the Customer, you or them?! You made a big step in purchasing a car. I'm sure you can decide what to do on your own at this point. If you can't, then just burn the fucking thing.
sambo42xa
Southern, NH
I'm outta here!
........still confused
Old 03-15-2007, 12:36 PM   #23
sambo42xa

...yeh, whatever.......................................
sambo42xa
Southern, NH

good luck
Old 03-16-2007, 05:17 PM   #24
MeggiemobileSFLA

Drives: yaris sedan
So even though i thought your guys' last post was kinda rude, i'll respond one more time to set the record straight... The springy noise was the noise that i first noticed(like 2 days after i bought it). I took it to the dealership to have it looked at and they told me after 3 hours of waiting that they didnt know what it was and that it would have to get worse in order to find the problem. So i took it home and got all overstressed about it and took it back a couple days later to be looked at again. Oh, and pretty much on the ride home from the service place the first time is when i noticed the brakes noise. So now i had two issues to discuss when i brought it back the 2nd time. The mechanic rode with me that time who said he heard the "springy noise" and thought he knew what it was but that the brake noise was "normal". So he said bring it back on monday(this was a thursday) and leave it so he could isolate the noise and fix it. Well, they called the next day to say they were confident that it was fixed but when i picked it up it had the same two noises occuring and it was all late and everyone except the guy who pulls your car around was gone home so i had to call the next day to tell them it wasnt fixed. I saw on the work order that all he did was grease my axle. I dont know how he thought that was gonna solve the noise...So, the next day, they left me a message telling me to bring it back but that i should wait since the guy who has been working with my car was on vacation and that it should be scheduled when he gets... WTF!!!!!! I dont want my car taken all apart by this guy who obviously doesnt know what the noise is trying to find it. I want some kind of specialty tech to come in and figure it out, not by tinkering with everything and making more problems. So i have now spoken with the customer relations guy at the dealership who is pretty much on my side and agrees that the others jerks ive been dealing with are BSing me and he wants to presonally take care of my issues... We'll see, i take it in on monday to meet the guy,take him for a ride and to leave it to supposedly get fixed... Ive had the worst first brand new car experience so far and either this car gets fixed prefectly or im gonna have to go through the lemon law steps to get a replacement. Apparently this crap is manufacturer defects and i deserve better from a brand new car!!! So there. A whole page of me whining and crying about my car. Wish mine was perfect like yours...
MeggiemobileSFLA is offline   Reply With Quote