Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-19-2006, 11:02 PM   #1
YarisBlazer

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Is concenience package and power package the same thing on liftback ?

HI, I want a 2007 auto Liftback; I dont want power but want 1) radio w/Cd and 2) fog lamps; do I get the Convenience Package or the Power Packege? Does a radio w/CD come with the Liftback Convenience package ? Thanks; all I care about is getting auto transmission, the liftback, a radio/CD and fog lamps; I could care less about power anything, spoilers, 60/40 splits or dancing LED displays; thanks.
YarisBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 05:42 AM   #2
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
The convenience package "upgrades" to :

1.MP3/WMA CD player
2.rear window wiper and defogger
3.15" wheels / 185/60/R15 potenza tires upgraded from 14" w/ 165 i believe..

Power packages adds ON TOP OF THAT:
power windows, power locks, power mirrors, 60/40 split/fold/recline rear seats, alloy wheels instead of steelies/hubcaps of the convenience package.

It might be VERY HARD to get the fog lights for awhile, though. Toyota is being a bastard about special orders..and the BIG SH1TFEST is that if you wait it only costs $110 for the foglights..but if you try to get them installed later I've been told it's upwards of $500!!!! I'm pissed myself..since this was THE ONLY THING I WANTED!!! not even convenience since :

1.I already have a DVD/MP3 audio/video with 8" LCD indash
2.I hate rear wipers since they make the rear look too "complicated" and destroys the lines of the rear window glass and trunk
3.I upgraded to 15" lightweight wheels and Ultra High Performance All Season tires

but, i couldn't order a manual transmission without the convenience package..nor could i spend the extra $600 and get a POWER PACKAGE!!!
I'm going to be bitter for awhile..
ESPECIALLY SINCE THE SCION xA is a 5 door (compared to Yaris Liftback 3 door) and comes STANDARD WITH PW,PL,PM,Cruise,ABS,Pioneer 6 speaker stereo system .etc.) and is ONLY $1105 MORE than the YARIS LIFTBACK WHICH HAS NONE OF THOSE OPTIONS!!!

Too bad I love my Yaris, or Toyota would have a problem.

Last edited by TRD_Yaris; 07-21-2006 at 06:19 AM.
TRD_Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:46 AM   #3
YarisBlazer

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Thanks !

Thanks for all the info; my local dealers here have like one each on the lot and they get snapped up in a second; I'm going to hold out for what I want You would think with such a high-demand car Toyota would order more !!!
YarisBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 12:48 PM   #4
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureyarisowner
Thanks for all the info; my local dealers here have like one each on the lot and they get snapped up in a second; I'm going to hold out for what I want You would think with such a high-demand car Toyota would order more !!!
You have to remember that even though we may love our Toyotas and the engineering behind them that doesn't change the fact that the dealerships are bottom feeders no matter if they are Toyota, Ford, Chevy, Mitsu, Honda, Kia, Hyundai, Lexus....well you get the picture. Sales is sales whether it be for cars, mobile phones, hell even beds (SleepNumber Stores are stupid). The only exception to it that I have seen is that the parts and service departments at some dealerships are pretty awesome.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:58 PM   #5
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
Good point, man..dealerships are a different kind of entity (scum entities)..but Toyota should be holding the reigns a big tighter and steering us back to reality.

Have you decided exactly how you're gonna get you're Yaris done? I would suggest fog lights up front (If you thing you're gonna use it, and if they dealership "Allows" you to order the foglights) since Toyota is quoting around $500 to have them installed afterward

Besides that, good luck with your car purchase!!
We look forward to you posting pictures of your car-to-be