Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-22-2007, 01:24 AM   #1
60 Somethings
Old Folks

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB, 2006 4Runner V8
This May Be Why There are 6-Miles on New Yarii

This picture appeared in the Portland, OR Oregonian this week.

Loading onto this or similar ship, plus unloading, parking in a HUGE receiving lot, running through the lot's shop for needed mods and then onto a transporter for the trip to the dealer could easilty account for the 6-miles most folks mentioned.

FYI: The accompaning article also the big lot here in Portland has something like 4,000 Mazdas being stored on it from the ship that almost sank off of Alaska - It said they plan to scrap them eventhough many seem undamaged.
Attached Images

Old 01-22-2007, 02:05 AM   #2
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
Well yea? 6 miles or higher on any new car...no one can get a new car with 0 miles on it.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:03 AM   #3
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
That's one huge ship! Friggin floating parking lot....

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:16 AM   #4
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
how else do you think they get them on and off the boat? I am in Toledo (where they make Jeeps) and all of them are driven off the line to a holding lot 3-5 miles away, there are like 4 or 5 of these holding lots around town, it is kinda funny when they kick up production because there will be like 1,000,000 Jeep Liberty's all parked nicely in one parking lot.
Also my Dad works at one of the Dodge Ram Assembly plants in Warren, MI. They do about the same thing, but almost every car driven off the line they do a burn-out right off the line, my dad says it is funny to watch.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:26 AM   #5
Yaris_Fan

Drives: Liftback Auto
Mine had 8 miles

and I took delivery right after it rolled off the truck at the dealership.
Yaris_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 05:12 PM   #6
mikeukrainetz

Drives: 2006 Toyota Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris View Post
Also my Dad works at one of the Dodge Ram Assembly plants in Warren, MI. They do about the same thing, but almost every car driven off the line they do a burn-out right off the line, my dad says it is funny to watch.
thats funny. Not new cars but my parents were at a dealership trying to buy a new toyota some years ago. one of the sales guys needed to move some cars on their lot and asked if I wanted to join him while I was waiting.
First car we hopped into was an mr2 and we did a couple of high speed laps/burnouts around the lot. Same went for the other two cars we moved. Curious how many new / used cars on a lot lose a bit of rubber this way?
mikeukrainetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:04 PM   #7
tekmoe
ex-yaris owner

Drives: 08 solstice gxp, 06 triumph s3
Send a message via AIM to tekmoe
mine had 8 before i took delivery. started with 6 and 2 were from my sales guy who went and filled'er up.
tekmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:17 PM   #8
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Hehe......... I see this kind of ships very often because I live close to where some of them dock. I have even tried to see my Yaris rolling off the ship but could not. There are thousands of cars in each shipment.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote