Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-10-2020, 04:17 PM   #1
phyrefighterjay

Drives: 07 yaris sedan
270k on original brakes! Need to know what to order for new brake job

I hypermile, so the end result is 270k on my yaris and i still have 10 percent left! My shop is next to an auto shop and now the time has come to replace my brakes with my friends next-door doing the job… I’m not looking to add any performance to my brakes I’m looking for the cheapest most cost effective brake job that I can do for my Yaris. What parts do I need for the auto shop next-door to smoothly do the job As for mentioned these brakes have never been touched so I’m going to need fluid probably a seal kit probably calipers maybe? Please let me know what my order list is thank you! Also I can tell you that all I’ve done is change the oil every 10,000 miles with Walmarts full synthetic Supertek oil And long range filter
phyrefighterjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 04:32 PM   #2
remcafee

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris 3 door
I would just oem honestly, they last the longest, so they brake the best? Probably not, but they clearly are reliable for getting that many miles out of it, I just did my rear drums for the first time at 172k and they had 3mm left on the brake shoe still, I was impressed so I return what I ordered and got the drums and shoe kit at the dealer
remcafee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 05:10 PM   #3
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
I'm betting front pads, fluid change, lube caliper sliders, and lube the 3 contact points on each rear shoe is all you're looking at. Without a thorough visual inspection of all four corners, there is no point in loading up a shopping cart with a bunch of stuff you probably won't need.
Old 03-11-2020, 02:43 AM   #4
komichal

Drives: Yaris 2007 1.3 2SZFE 64kW
I am with WeeYari. And I am afraid that if you really did not change brake fluid for 13 years then your brake fluid is quite water-ish and the caliper pistons would be corroded AF...
When the shop pushes them back to install new pads they will start to leak.
But maybe not.
As already said - nobody would know until inspection is done.
komichal is offline   Reply With Quote