Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-31-2006, 07:06 PM   #1
ryker

Drives: Yaris liftback
How do I take apart dash on left side?

I'm trying to tap into the parking light wire on the fuse box which is a 30 pin on the upper left side. I can get the small cubby out in order to see the fuse box, but how do I remove the rest of the dash above the fuse box? Does it just pull out? I didn't want to force it and break something, the wife would kill me. I'm putting in a remote starter and I need a positive parking light wire, the one that comes off the headlight switch is negative. If anyone knows of another location I can tap into let me know.
ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 11:19 PM   #2
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
What you need to do is search the forums for the Yaris Repair Manual. That thing will tell you all you need to know.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 11:26 PM   #3
acrbill

Drives: Polar White Hatch
You don't need to remove the dash. Pull the 30 pin plug out find the wire and strip some insulation away and tap right in.

I tapped into all 3 door triggers, parking lights and the dome light wire without removing any part of the dash.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:58 AM   #4
ryker

Drives: Yaris liftback
Thanks acrbill. I had looked at pulling it out but didn't want to fudge anything up. That's what I will do then.
ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:29 AM   #5
acrbill

Drives: Polar White Hatch
be careful with the wires since they are very thin. I used one of those automatic strippers and I broke most of the wires I was trying to strip.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:01 PM   #6
TrancosRt

Drives: 07 Silver HB Yaris
The best way (IMHO) to strip a wire with limited room/thin wires is "sawing" the plastic with a blade. The automatic stuff works for home installations and what not, but they make bad things happen to good people on thin wires :P.
TrancosRt is offline   Reply With Quote