Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-08-2014, 05:28 PM   #1
Idahotom

Drives: 2008 5 sp. LB
power outlet/cigarette lighter fuse location

Yeah yeah, I know this is archived, I found numerous links when I searched. I STILL had a hard time finding that sucker, despite the (in retrospect) good tips and advice from others! So, I thought I may put my 2 cents worth in on the subject, as the owners manual is not much help oddly enough, it's a little confusing or at least it is until you find the fuse, only then does it become clear.

Like most probably, I first figured under the hood. NO, ain't there. Some fuses but nothing marked CIG. So then I got on this site, searched the subject, and then went back out to the shop.

I found the fuse area only accessible once you pull the lower left cubby hole door off, and then thought that I was almost done... but close inspection showed that cluster of fuses was also not "the one". So I went back to this site and re-read everything, and while doing so felt somewhat better as it seemed I wasn't the only one kind of baffled by this fuses elusiveness

Then.... I finally found it, right where everyone said it was, but again, only in retrospect was it clear. Here's my tip on this subject for those in need, those who already know , go ahead and laugh.

First, no need to pull the cubby door, leave it alone. Find the hood latch lever/handle thing, go to the right about 2" and then move your fingers toward the firewall about 2 ", you should feel a plastic tab about 1/2" wide, pull down on this. Back up a bit.... get a mirror first and a trouble light, position the mirror and the light so you can easily see up at the bottom of the dash, then follow my earlier directions. The tab you are looking for is attached to the fuse box cover, which is about 2 by 4". It is roughly on the same level as the hood latch, but towards the firewall and out of direct sight a couple inches. Once that is popped off all will become clear, there they are, simple, just be prepared to do a little convoluting (like any other time when under the dash) to reach up in there and pluck the blown 15 amp fuse out, using the white plastic tool that's stored in that under the hood fuse box to the right of the battery.

NOW that I know.... the fuse replacement if needed in the future, will take maybe 45 seconds, nothing to it. The one thing I didn't get in my searching was that the fuse box/area you are looking for is oriented straight DOWN, when you pull the fuse you'll be pulling DOWN. All the other fuse locations are up or sideways. It baffled me long enough, that once found, I felt a real sense of accomplishment, and, like a dumb ass all at the same time.
Idahotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:45 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
LOL. That's why when people ask which fuse, if it is an inside one, I always reply "in the fuse panel under the bottom of the dash".