Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-22-2011, 09:47 PM   #1
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Part numbers for D10/D11 pins?

Hopefully CTScott has this info handy! I'm trying to make a harness for the DPS module and can't find anything about the pins for plugs D10 and D11. I ran the 5-digit part numbers on the plugs through toyotapartszone and found them, but there's no indication of the pins themselves online or in either the EWD or A/V repair manuals. The sockets will be from an aftermarket stereo adapter, and I have part numbers for the DPS end.

From a post I just read about someone who tried to order pins for D75/D79, it's cost prohibitive to get OEM pins ($12 EACH!), so any tips on secondary sources would be great. Speaking of D79, I don't even see it listed in the '07 EWD...
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:09 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Are you looking for pins to add to the D10 and D11 connectors, or pins to plug into the pins in the existing connectors?
Old 07-23-2011, 07:07 AM   #3
CrankyOldMan

Sorry for the confusion. I'm looking for the pins that mount in the D10/11 connectors. I basically need to replicate the existing plugs on a new wire harness. Maybe a diagram would be useful?

The "new" D10/11 plugs are the only part that I can't get the internal pins for at the moment.

Thanks!

Last edited by CrankyOldMan; 07-23-2011 at 07:39 AM.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:59 AM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyOldMan View Post
Sorry for the confusion. I'm looking for the pins that mount in the D10/11 connectors. I basically need to replicate the existing plugs on a new wire harness. Maybe a diagram would be useful?

The "new" D10/11 plugs are the only part that I can't get the internal pins for at the moment.

Thanks!
I have lots of those pins. Let me know how many you need and I'll give you a good price for the whole lot.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:21 AM   #5
CrankyOldMan

By "good price" are you talking relative to the OEM price for the D74 connectors ($10+), or relative to some common pins from Mouser/DigiKey ($0.10+)?

The other thought I had was to find a local junker with the same radio plugs and cannibalize it. Since I'll be crimping the pins for the DPS connector on the other end of the wires, they can be pre-made, and it saves me the hassle of ordering the connector bodies online.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:16 PM   #6
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
By "good price" are you talking relative to the OEM price for the D74 connectors ($10+), or relative to some common pins from Mouser/DigiKey ($0.10+)?

The other thought I had was to find a local junker with the same radio plugs and cannibalize it. Since I'll be crimping the pins for the DPS connector on the other end of the wires, they can be pre-made, and it saves me the hassle of ordering the connector bodies online.
Good like way less than the OEM price, but a bit more than digikey (since they are not off the shelf pins, but rather Toyota custom ones made by Sumitomo or AMP). I could probably do about $10 shipped for the two connectors worth.

The wrecker option is good. Also, there are aftermarket ones that are sold for installing a Toyota radio in something else. They run about $10.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:14 PM   #7
CrankyOldMan

My original idea was to scour mouser and digikey for them (since I've found other automotive connectors on them) but without a product line or manufacturer part number I've been stumped.

The Toyoya (Fujitsu ten)->other harness would be a great idea too. I'll see what I can come up with and let you know if I need the pins. Thanks again for your help.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:23 PM   #8
CrankyOldMan

Here's one for the tC OEM stereo:

http://www.amazon.com/Stereo-Harness...452485&sr=1-93

I'm not sure if the picture is accurate, or if all of the pins are included, but it /looks/ promising.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:53 PM   #9
Lil Abner

Drives: 2009 3dr LB Manual
Actually, here's a better price:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3154&viewitem=

I just got one of those a week ago, and it's great quality. Is that what you're looking for? Oh, and I did use that exact seller. Shipping was quick from California.

CrankyOldMan, what part of West Michigan you from?
Lil Abner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:25 PM   #10
CrankyOldMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Abner View Post
Actually, here's a better price:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3154&viewitem=

I just got one of those a week ago, and it's great quality. Is that what you're looking for? Oh, and I did use that exact seller. Shipping was quick from California.

CrankyOldMan, what part of West Michigan you from?
Sweet! I grabbed both the OEM and aftermarket harnesses so that all I have to do is crimp the pins on the other end for the DPS.

I'm from the greater Grand Rapids/Grand Haven area. Perhaps you've seen me driving like I own an Audi? =)

CTScott - I'm gonna pass on the pins for now. If it looks like I need to re-wire with longer wire I'll give you a PM.

Thank you both for your help!
Old 07-23-2011, 06:29 PM   #11
Lil Abner

Drives: 2009 3dr LB Manual
I actually live in Holland, and go to Kalamazoo a few times a week. I stay on M40/89 most of the time. Always fun seeing more Yaris' in the area!

Awesome you got those. We'll be looking forward to your progress. Let us know if you've got anymore questions, or need a hand.
Lil Abner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:21 PM   #12
CrankyOldMan

CTScott - by any chance are these connectors the Sumitomo MT non-sealed line? http://easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__...onnectors.html
Scroll to the bottom...

Lil Abner - I don't usually get south of Port Sheldon, but occasionally go out that way for shopping.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:01 PM   #13
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
CTScott - by any chance are these connectors the Sumitomo MT non-sealed line? http://easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__...onnectors.html
Scroll to the bottom...
Close, but not quite. The male has the tabs in the wrong direction and the female is missing the two tabs.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:38 PM   #14
CrankyOldMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Close, but not quite. The male has the tabs in the wrong direction and the female is missing the two tabs.
Are you looking at the ones on the bottom half of the page? The top half (HM series) are very much incorrect, but the bottom half looks like they might fit. The photos on this site are pretty crappy resolution and low contrast, but it's the closest thing I've been able to find so far.

6-pos MT series

10-pos MT series

The polarizing rib channels are both present (the OEM only uses one) but that doesn't matter in this case since they're going into the OEM stereo. The female sockets however won't work on the OEM wire harness unless one of the ribs is removed.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:46 PM   #15
CTScott
ULTIMATE

This is what the correct ones look like from the side. Note how the male pin has the ribs on the opposite side and the female has them, but the pins above do not. The pins above may work, but my experience with various other Toyota pins is that even though they look mighty close, they end up not working. Either they won't insert all of the way in, or the pin lock won't snap back into place.

D10-D11 Pins.jpg
Old 07-26-2011, 04:10 PM   #16
CrankyOldMan

Quote:
This is what the correct ones look like from the side. Note how the male pin has the ribs on the opposite side and the female has them, but the pins above do not.
Oh, I see now. I thought you were talking about the housings, not the pins. Crap, now I'm back at square 1 with finding the original manufacturer. I've checked out Molex, Amp/Tyco and Sumitomo. I can't think of anyone else who might have made them aside from Denso themselves, but their website doesn't seem to have any info on just the connectors.

Maybe it's just more worthwhile to stick with the premade harnesses?
Old 07-26-2011, 04:18 PM   #17
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Oh, I see now. I thought you were talking about the housings, not the pins. Crap, now I'm back at square 1 with finding the original manufacturer. I've checked out Molex, Amp/Tyco and Sumitomo. I can't think of anyone else who might have made them aside from Denso themselves, but their website doesn't seem to have any info on just the connectors.

Maybe it's just more worthwhile to stick with the premade harnesses?
Most of the Toyota pins are custom ones by either Sumitomo or Amp. The ones that I use for my Occupant Classification Sensor Bypass Module (which allows one to still have the passenger airbag function when installing aftermarket seats) are made by Sumitomo and are custom. I had to order 20,000 pins and 500 connector shells as a minimum buy directly from Sumitomo, since no one stocks them.

So, the premade harness is your best bet.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:48 PM   #18
CrankyOldMan

Quote:
I had to order 20,000 pins and 500 connector shells as a minimum buy directly from Sumitomo, since no one stocks them.
Yow! That must be a Toyota thing--all of the connectors on the parts made where I work are commercially available, and therefore through mouser/digikey.

The good news is that I can officially stop searching for those buggers. If I need to put in longer leads I'll definitely give you a PM for some pins.