Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-25-2007, 07:58 AM   #1
Paul Bell

Drives: 2008 Black Yaris RS 3DR
PIMPING SUGGESTIONS?

Yesterday, I bought a 2008, Black, 3DR Hatchback, YARIS RS. I am pumped! I have driven monsterous, fat, gas swilling cars for the last 30+ years. My last three cars have all been Lincoln LS's. Sweet rides, but at long last I have realized what large, ugly ecological footprints that they are leaving behind (I'm a little slow to learn). I am an entomologist and have ordered the licence plate INSECTA ... perhaps a tad nerdy? When traveling in Europe, I have had the privelage of driving Twingos, Puntos and also Yarises (or is it Yari?). Anyway, I would like to pimp my ride at little, funk it up, and I have no clue. I am a 56 year old man, so please go easy with the suggestions ... THANKS!
Paul Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:08 AM   #2
uncleyaris

Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue!!!!!!!
Check around the forum. Rims, body kits, hid, etc... the possibilities are only limited to $$$. Congrats on the new car!
uncleyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:32 AM   #3
staticorex

Drives: Sc'd Yaris Sedan.
Ha. You're great! :p

Yeah tons of body kits and rims are out there. Type in a few searches and be sure to check out our vendor section. :)

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19
Old 09-25-2007, 10:11 AM   #4
Paul Bell

tanks

thanks, i've been surfing around yaris world, great site and lots of ideas, thanks
Old 09-25-2007, 05:36 PM   #5
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
no pimp

all go, no show

though the kaminari body kit is hella tyte.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:40 PM   #6
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Bell View Post
Yesterday, I bought a 2008, Black, 3DR Hatchback, YARIS RS. I am pumped! I have driven monsterous, fat, gas swilling cars for the last 30+ years. My last three cars have all been Lincoln LS's. Sweet rides, but at long last I have realized what large, ugly ecological footprints that they are leaving behind (I'm a little slow to learn). I am an entomologist and have ordered the licence plate INSECTA ... perhaps a tad nerdy? When traveling in Europe, I have had the privelage of driving Twingos, Puntos and also Yarises (or is it Yari?). Anyway, I would like to pimp my ride at little, funk it up, and I have no clue. I am a 56 year old man, so please go easy with the suggestions ... THANKS!
wow, and I was thinking of trading in for a used lincoln ls v8 performance edition...
Old 09-25-2007, 05:43 PM   #7
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Bell View Post
paul, being an old fart : )

I suggest staying away from ricey items,

I would simple go with some nice chrome rims,
a light tint,
a decent audio system tuned for sound quility
a shit load of detailing items. ( my grandfathers cars always looked better then new, even 15yrs later)
and of course your master mason's emblem !

steve
Old 09-25-2007, 07:48 PM   #8
uncleyaris

Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue!!!!!!!
BTY punch can you assist with my audio selection. Want good bass, full clean sound , but don't wanna be heard a mile away!!
uncleyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:09 AM   #9
Sway84

Drives: 07 Yaris HB
Send a message via MSN to Sway84
uncle, either go with a 10 or 2 8's and its hard not to get heard from a mile away shaun...lol we know that...u heard the 12 right?...lol...

but yea...chrome the ride out paul, black on chrome is classy...
and they have chrome door handles, chrome rims, chrome front grills, chrome side body accents

me being younger i went with interior show mods... so its all good...
cant wait till 2008, my eyes are set on a 1993 JDM supra (my other summer car lol)

Ron Cabading
Sway84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:07 AM   #10
Pars

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
I wouldn't want to cut into the tiny trunk space or take away from the cargo area once the seats are down. Has anyone upgraded the door speakers and hooked-up a 4-way amp with a good system (I prefer Alpine) If not, eventually I'll have to try it and find out. I'm expecting good results since the doors seem to have good resonance. Also, a double din DVD player would look cool in the centre of dash.
Pars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:47 AM   #11
Paul Bell

thanks good advice!