Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-07-2016, 11:31 PM   #1
tattoo007

Drives: 2005 Echo RS
Toyota Echo 2005 RS Performance Upgrade Help

Hello everyone,
I am sorry to be such a newbie but I just purchased a 2005 Toyota Echo RS for my daughter and wanted to get some help to upgrade it. I read the forum on the exhaust and think I would like to go with the DC Sports new Manifold. I did see that I would need a Nitto mid-pipe but can't seem to find where to purchase one. If anyone has any ideas please send them to me!!
Also I would like to know for the Cold Air Intake for the Echo from you guys that have them to see which one would be better.
Any other information on performance parts to make it unique and better would be greatly appreciated!!
Thank you all in advance!!
tattoo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 01:32 AM   #2
rabbito

Drives: 2012 Toyota Yaris Sedan (Vios)
my header, cat, mid pipe gain- maximum 7hp - 10hp
intake gain - 3hp - 5hp

thats barely any gain..my buttometer is telling me that i gained about 10hp total..haha..

chiptuning is noticeable gain..i gained about 20hp from timing advance only..

totaled i gained about 30hp..with full suspension and okay tires i got high 8 sec, 0-100km (maybe its hot as hell here thats why)..

this car is for hitting corners :) i have fun with this car turning sharp corners than going fast in stright line..

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
Electric: Volt Stablizer & Multi gauge obd2
Cosmetic: Toyota red emblem
rabbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 05:10 PM   #3
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
IHE upgrades on the 1.0-1.5 found in this platform has been found to net little number gains. I wouldn't even concentrate on number games or number games with this car on an NA motor at all. Doing the IHE upgrades will provide you with better airflow all around which will generally place you into your power band quicker and therefore as well feel like a better power response. I am sorry if I missed it but did you mention if this is with the auto or 5 speed or 6 speed manual? If you have the manual transmission upgrading to a lightweight flywheel definitely provide more pep. Of course that would most likely require a clutch kit as well. I could not tell you about anything in regards to chipping the ECU as I have not seen any real data providing true numbers on increases.

Sent from m-o-b-i-l-e

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:12 AM   #4
tarkus

Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 3-Door
For fun I put a big ass performance muffler on my 2004 Echo RS, and was pleasantly surprised at the better low end power it gave, with no more struggle to accelerate on hills. In number terms the difference was probably quite small, but in driving terms it was significant. Fuel economy also improved, to my surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbito View Post
chiptuning is noticeable gain..i gained about 20hp from timing advance only..
what chip did you use? Did you have to change to a higher grade gas after that?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 09:30 AM   #5
rabbito

Drives: 2012 Toyota Yaris Sedan (Vios)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarkus View Post
For fun I put a big ass performance muffler on my 2004 Echo RS, and was pleasantly surprised at the better low end power it gave, with no more struggle to accelerate on hills. In number terms the difference was probably quite small, but in driving terms it was significant. Fuel economy also improved, to my surprise.

what chip did you use? Did you have to change to a higher grade gas after that?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
E85 fuel + advance timing + 1jz injector with E85 fuel coverting plug, Vitz RS solenoid and C coded maf..
ATD ECU from Thailand..most of ecu have similar software, same sh*t...i suppose to purchase advance timing with fuel control ecu but sold out..so i had no choice but to go with this one :(

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
Electric: Volt Stablizer & Multi gauge obd2
Cosmetic: Toyota red emblem
rabbito is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cold air intake, echo rs, exhaust, midpipe