Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-29-2016, 06:40 PM   #1
Germ

Drives: 2014 yaris
60K what to check or replace?

I drive a lot in my Yaris. I have 2014 hatchback SE. I just hit 60,000 miles on the car. Just put new tires on the car. What else should I do to the car. I keep up on the oil. I'm think plugs and the wires, anything else I need to do. I saw the chain thing. I'm sure my chain is good for ever for the most part. The window has crack, but not looking to fix that anytime soon.The only thing done to the car is tent the windows and put a Stereo system in it.
Germ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 10:39 AM   #2
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
I've got 87k on mine and the only thing I've had to replace was the water pump and the brake rotors/pads. You could replace the plugs if you want, but if the car isn't doing anything funny IMO just run it.

My Nissan Hardbody (D21) 4x4 build log
Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
47_MasoN_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 10:57 AM   #3
Germ

Drives: 2014 yaris
ok, all the miles on my car are free way miles. I don't drive in town much.
Germ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 11:16 AM   #4
ex-x-fire

Drives: 2010 yaris 3 door hatch
Cabin air filter.
ex-x-fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 03:57 PM   #5
zoidberg444

Drives: Yaris 06 - 5dr hatchback
Generally with my Yaris i service the brake hardware once a year, make sure its all moving freely and not caked up with crap and check the state of the pads and discs. Adjust the drum brakes, handbrake cable.

Change the oil every 7000-10,000 miles and the filter. Keep the brake fluid topped up.

Once a year i change the air filter and the cabin air filter.

Every 2 years 20k-30k miles i change the brake/clutch fluid in the reservoir and bleed the brakes/clutch and i also do the spark plugs at that interval as well.

When i change the oil and service the brakes when its on the jack stands i do a full check of the steering and suspension that there's no play in the wheels or bearing noise. Check for any obvious damage to the steering and suspension and take a look underneath for any signs of rust or leaks.

All I've had in 110K is exhaust, water pump and an alternator. Oh and a battery. And 8 tyres besides servicing. My trailing arm bushes and front control arm bushes are a little perished but not bad yet.

The Toyota coolant is like... 100,000 miles/10 years. Mine is a 5 speed manual still on its original clutch. I think the chains last easily for the life of the engine as long as the oil is kept topped up.
zoidberg444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 05:59 PM   #6
alnen

Drives: 14 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoidberg444 View Post
Generally with my Yaris i service the brake hardware once a year, make sure its all moving freely and not caked up with crap and check the state of the pads and discs. Adjust the drum brakes, handbrake cable.

Change the oil every 7000-10,000 miles and the filter. Keep the brake fluid topped up.

Once a year i change the air filter and the cabin air filter.

Every 2 years 20k-30k miles i change the brake/clutch fluid in the reservoir and bleed the brakes/clutch and i also do the spark plugs at that interval as well.

When i change the oil and service the brakes when its on the jack stands i do a full check of the steering and suspension that there's no play in the wheels or bearing noise. Check for any obvious damage to the steering and suspension and take a look underneath for any signs of rust or leaks.

All I've had in 110K is exhaust, water pump and an alternator. Oh and a battery. And 8 tyres besides servicing. My trailing arm bushes and front control arm bushes are a little perished but not bad yet.

The Toyota coolant is like... 100,000 miles/10 years. Mine is a 5 speed manual still on its original clutch. I think the chains last easily for the life of the engine as long as the oil is kept topped up.
Good God man! You do a lot of spark plug changes!
alnen is offline   Reply With Quote