Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-13-2006, 12:43 AM   #1
bikergal

Drives: Tacoma 4x4
Lightbulb Renting a Yaris

Ok, So I get this email from the local dealership I have been in contact with. He tells me they have a couple Yaris for rent now. I guess they added them to there rental fleet. He told me to come in and test drive one or rent it for the day

Anyone else hear of this? I think it would be great to rent one for a day or two and see if you like it. Since you can't seem to find one on the lot right now and test drive one.

bikergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 02:25 AM   #2
johnnyfive

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
when i was first looking for mine back in may, i got to test drive one from the dealers rental/loaner fleet, that was before they even had thier first shipment of yaris to sell...
johnnyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:24 AM   #3
stuffy

Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man
we have yarii hatches with the rental company that i work for parttime, so i occassionally get to drive the auto version of my car.
stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:54 AM   #4
bikergal

Well... I think I might rent one for a day and check it out. They just got them in at the dealership by me. I got that email yesterday telling me they had them
Old 07-13-2006, 11:29 AM   #5
60 Somethings
Old Folks

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB, 2006 4Runner V8
Sounds like a good idea to be sure you'll like it.

The only Yarii I have seen at local dealer in last couple og months were assigned to "rental fleet". Last time there were three sedans and two liftbacks - zip for sale!!!
60 Somethings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 12:54 PM   #6
bikergal

Anyone else want to chime in?

Next week I am going to try and rent the Yaris for a day or two. Curious to see what it is like
Old 07-18-2006, 01:06 PM   #7
Dylanby

Drives: RS 5-DR
Regardless of whether the car is "for you" or not...Just have fun! Maybe plan a little road trip somewhere.

I think your satisfaction will depend on your expectations. Good luck!
Dylanby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 06:17 PM   #8
bikergal

Talking

I am currently in possession of a 2007 Yaris LB that I rented. It is an auto and I want stick but that is okay. I rented it for today into tomorrow. The car is quicker on the get up and go than I expected. Today was the first time I had the chance to see a LB in person. I have seen the sedan in dealerships but not the LB.

Smaller looking on the outside then expected, inside has plenty of room. Seats are comfy (not as nice as the sedans seats though) radio is okay (could be louder) I was traveling at about 80mph on the highway to test it out (kept up okay with traffic, very touchy stearing) It did downshift alot up the hills here (AC was on the whole time not sure if that was why) I went about 56 miles so far in it and it dropped one bar on the gas gauge, the engine isn't as loud as I thought it would be reading the posts here.

Anyways... the dealership say they use there rentals for 4 months then put them on the used car lot. I could get this one if I wanted to sooner than I could order one. Dealership said approx 6 month wait. I am sure it wouldn't be that long but ya never know.

Off to drive it around town
Old 08-01-2006, 06:21 PM   #9
Chaad32

Drives: 2007 Liftback
It is a fun little car. I see you have a Tacoma 4X4....I had one of those too and if I didn't need the great gas mileage as much I would have gotten another.
Floor mats, Weathertech vent visors
Chaad32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 06:32 PM   #10
bikergal

Yup, I love my truck and plan to keep it since it is payed off. The gas mileage is horrible in it. I want the Yaris for a commuter car and something fun to drive. Keep the truck for snow days.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:38 PM   #11
bulldogs2k

Drives: '00 s2000, 2007 yaris hatch
Bikergal, do you ride?
bulldogs2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:28 PM   #12
bikergal

Hi Bulldog2k! Do I have a motorcycle? I think that is what you are asking me. Yes I do ride That is fun too
Old 08-01-2006, 09:01 PM   #13
bulldogs2k

Drives: '00 s2000, 2007 yaris hatch
NICE!!! what do you have? I ride around town in a Yamaha Seca 650.
bulldogs2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 07:46 PM   #14
bikergal

So I returned the Yaris today. I returned it with 106 miles on it. It dropped 2 lines on the gauge. I have been eyeing up the 2007 Camry. As much as I like the Yaris now that gas has gotten so bad I think it might be better to get rid of the truck alltogether. I would be paying less for the Camry in monthly payments vs. the payments for the Yaris. Go figure! My trade in would and does make a big difference on my monthly payments of the Camry if you were wondering.

Decisions decisions
Old 08-02-2006, 08:35 PM   #15
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Drives: 5-Speed Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Ran Kizama Send a message via MSN to Ran Kizama
Wait? What? This makes no sense to me. Why do they have cars to rent, but ordering one to purchase takes months?
Old 08-02-2006, 09:51 PM   #16
bikergal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ran Kizama
Wait? What? This makes no sense to me. Why do they have cars to rent, but ordering one to purchase takes months?

Laughs, I have no idea why you can rent one but you can't buy one Also.... the dealership by me you can purchase the rental car after 4 months of it being in there rental fleet. So it would be quicker to purchase one through a rental fleet then brand new. Go figure That might be an option for someone who doesn't want to wait as long for the Yaris. New used since there won't be that many miles on the rental car in a 4 month period.

The Yaris I rented was the LB, silver, fully loaded, Automatic just in case someone was wondering.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:00 AM   #17
60 Somethings
Old Folks

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB, 2006 4Runner V8
Same thing is going on here in Vancouver, USA.

3-4 rental fleet Yarii on the dealer's lot, but apparently few if any for sale.

Our LB seems to be a museum piece around here. We haven't even seen a sedan in the last month.

Heading up to campground in Lynden, WA in 4Runner (pulling our trailer) tomorrow - it's near the Canadian border. Will be interesting to see if we see any. Might just run into a 5dr liftback. That would be interesting.
60 Somethings is offline   Reply With Quote