Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-04-2006, 10:17 PM   #1
SamDaYarisMan

Drives: meteorite liftback
weighted shift knob

Does anyone know of a nice, simple, solid metal, weighted shift knob. I absolutly love the one by twm that is just a ball with the little stem on the bottom. Also the thread adaptor system is great, but $100 dollars for a simple metal knob seems outrageous to me. So if you guys know of any other companies with knobs similar to twm i would appreciate it. $50 tops Thanks!!
Old 08-04-2006, 11:16 PM   #2
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
If it were me (and it isn't so you're in luck) I would forget about the weighted shift knob and get the TRD shift knob for the Yaris. It isn't weighted, but it is made with real carbon fiber and it sells at $24.99 from TRDSparks... show Toyota some love for actually giving a damn about their aftermarket. Here is a link.

http://www.trdsparks.com/displaypart...&parts_id=1133

On that page it mentions the specs for the threading on the stick... if you don't like that hop on ebay and look for a weighted shift knob with those specs and you should be good. Hope that helps.

By the way, sweet car.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 07:15 AM   #3
Chaad32

Drives: 2007 Liftback
I like this one better, but maby thats because I have an auto.
http://www.trdsparks.com/displaypart...&parts_id=1131
Floor mats, Weathertech vent visors
Chaad32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 09:10 AM   #4
田中秀樹

Drives: SW20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles
that good shift knob. not weighted but feels great. i have that on vitz at home and sw20 here.

i have trd shifter in both cars. that knob come with it i believe. http://www.trdparts.jp/parts_quickshift.html

my friend have it in his AE86 too. but he not have short shifter, it look funny.

there short shifter set for new vitz, maybe it fit in american market yaris.
田中秀樹 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 02:22 PM   #5
AE86Yaris

Drives: 85 AE86/blazing blue 07
i have the TRD ball style shift knob, if probably the smallest, lightest shift knob i've had, compared to the stock shifter. i think a little weight is better for would match the short shifter i have now.
AE86Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 04:10 PM   #6
TWM Performance

Drives: 84 GTI, 90 GTR, 97 Si
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDaYarisMan
Does anyone know of a nice, simple, solid metal, weighted shift knob. I absolutly love the one by twm that is just a ball with the little stem on the bottom. Also the thread adaptor system is great, but $100 dollars for a simple metal knob seems outrageous to me. So if you guys know of any other companies with knobs similar to twm i would appreciate it. $50 tops Thanks!!
Hi SamDaYarisMan,

I'm glad to hear you like the styling of the A6 Leopard shift knob. It is a premium part that does cost more than average shift knobs, but I can assure you that we get nothing but rave reviews from customers who do purchase our shift knobs. The knobs are quite expensive for us to manufacture since they are made of stainless steel which is expensive and relatively difficult to machine.

I just thought that I would point out that the knobs do retail for $99.95, but if you buy a shifter and knob combo, the price drops to $79.95 for the knob which is a little closer to the budget you had in mind.

Also, if a short shifter is not on your "to buy" list, the knobs are going on sale as a back to school promotion in 2 days, on August 16th for $15 off their retail price.

Feel free to give us a call at 1-877-655-0540, or to check out TWM Shift Knobs if you're interested.

Thanks,

Kevin
TWM Performance
TWM Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 05:04 PM   #7
boxerboy

Drives: WRX ,Tacoma and Yaris
The type R from TWM is the best. Thats what I have and I think its one of the best designs.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:16 PM   #8
TWM Performance

Drives: 84 GTI, 90 GTR, 97 Si
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxerboy
The type R from TWM is the best. Thats what I have and I think its one of the best designs.
Thanks boxerboy, glad to hear you enjoy the knob!

Kevin
TWM
TWM Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:38 PM   #9
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWM Perfomance
you enjoy the knob!
I'm sorry, I had to.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote