Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2018, 03:41 AM   #1
komichal

Drives: Yaris 2007 1.3 2SZFE 64kW
Yaris cabin "breath out" hole

Hi folks,
the previous car I drove (Mitsubishi Galant) as well as the other cars I met had a well hidden hole with rubber cap somewhere in the interior. The only purpose of the hole was to let the pressurized air flow away when closing door as in certain moment the door seal was already sealed but the door still moved towards a full close which means a pressure built up inside the cabin for short time. That hole helped to mitigate this.

That means that in my previous car I did not have to extra-SLAM the door when I was closing the last one.

Does Yaris have something like that? Probably not (or if yes then it is clogged). Because when I am closing the door I really have to extra-SLAM the last one, especially when cabin external air blower is engaged. It is not a problem of the door hardware because when I keep any window a bit opened then the problem disappears.

It is nothing major, I can live with that. Maybe this thing is only installed in some expensive limousines and not in wheeled candies like Yaris.
komichal is offline   Reply With Quote