Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-24-2013, 11:25 PM   #1
rcvmini

Drives: 2009 Yaris HB
Newbie rim question

I have searched old threads and it seems the size should fit my stock 2009 yaris HB.

My question would be besides size is there any other measurments I should check before buying? will I need adapters?

First one is this

off my 95 civic si , 4x100 bolt pattern ,black,16"csa rims ..tires have about 40% tread left still good for another year id say , only reason im selling is because i put my steelies back on and no room to store these ..

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pm...074324241.html

second one is

The rims are an older version of EMR 272's
Size: 15x6 1/2
Bolt pattern: 4x100
Material: Alloy

There's about 70% of thread left on these tires
Tires: Michelin Primacy MXV4
Size: 195/60R15, rims can be fitted with 205 wide tires

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rd...089266780.html

which is a better fit? I need to replace the stock tires soon and thought i'd pick up rims at the same time

Last edited by rcvmini; 09-25-2013 at 12:34 AM.
rcvmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:15 AM   #2
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
4x100 bolt pattern fits the Yaris.
The other measurement wheel buyers ask for is offset.
But in this case since it is 15x6.5 and 4x100 pcd, you shouldn't have to worry about offset or adapters.
Personally, I don't think it's worth buying.
I'd rather pay a little more for a better wheel.
Type in 4x100 in your search under auto parts and you'll see a lot of options. or click here
The Enkei RP02 looks like something I would buy, though I'd have to get new tires.
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:52 PM   #3
rcvmini

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
4x100 bolt pattern fits the Yaris.
The other measurement wheel buyers ask for is offset.
But in this case since it is 15x6.5 and 4x100 pcd, you shouldn't have to worry about offset or adapters.
Personally, I don't think it's worth buying.
I'd rather pay a little more for a better wheel.
Type in 4x100 in your search under auto parts and you'll see a lot of options. or click here
The Enkei RP02 looks like something I would buy, though I'd have to get new tires.
Thanks for the info. I agree and decided not to buy the ones missing the center caps as they were going to be 45 bucks each plus shipping!

The Eneki were nice but out of my price range.

Would these ones be ok? http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...089661098.html
Old 10-01-2013, 11:54 AM   #4
rcvmini

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcvmini View Post
Thanks for the info. I agree and decided not to buy the ones missing the center caps as they were going to be 45 bucks each plus shipping!

The Eneki were nice but out of my price range.

Would these ones be ok? http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...089661098.html
These are 15 inch. What is the draw back or gain of bigger vs smaller rims?

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...101996566.html
Old 10-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #5
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
larger diameter from OEM can effect MPG for the worse and speedo readings. Either by means of larger rim or larger tires on same size rim. Larger usually means heavier which will decrease performance on these low hp cars

Smaller diamber from OEM can also effect MPG for the better and speedo reading. Using lower profile tires on same rim or smaller rims in general. Usually weigh less and the smaller diameter changes the gear ratio which helps in acceleration.

I see no gain or loss with those Acura rims on craigslist. Only issue I see is the Acura logo on the caps which will look silly on a yaris.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:51 PM   #6
rcvmini

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikerice View Post
larger diameter from OEM can effect MPG for the worse and speedo readings. Either by means of larger rim or larger tires on same size rim. Larger usually means heavier which will decrease performance on these low hp cars

Smaller diamber from OEM can also effect MPG for the better and speedo reading. Using lower profile tires on same rim or smaller rims in general. Usually weigh less and the smaller diameter changes the gear ratio which helps in acceleration.

I see no gain or loss with those Acura rims on craigslist. Only issue I see is the Acura logo on the caps which will look silly on a yaris.
ilikerice - hey i like the colour scheme of your yaris with the red on the rims.

As long as the rims fit, I can deal with the acura symbols in the center (paint over them etc) as I may plasti dip them white or black and then ad a trim colour with rim tape.

Thanks for the info on bigger rims i was looking for 16's but these seem to be a good deal and i don't mind 15s