Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2009, 11:11 AM   #1
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Random thread of the day - I got a speeding ticket this morning =(

So I was on my way to work and get pulled over. Not sure really why. Cop says I was speeding doing 56 in a 45 and he has no radar either that was his estimation?!?! WTF I am doing the same speed as all the other cars and its kinda of a traffic commute.

Without thinking i said i was late to work i have to open the shop this morning. So he said he would make it quick as possible.

Now i think i might have ruined my chances if i try to go to court to fight it. He can just say to the judge that i admitted to speeding because i was late for work.

I have a strange feeling if i was driving a factory yaris without any mods i dont think i would have been pulled over. The lowerd car with the trd badge and trd on license plate i dont think helped my cause.

I think i am eligible to take online driving school so it wont go on my record cause i know its been awile since my last ticket. But just dosnt seem fair. I know that way i take home every day for the past year everyone goes about the same speed which is about 5-10 mph over the limit. I dont think it would be smart of me to drive 45 in the far left lane slow down traffic and potentially cause a accident so me being a smart safe driver i felt it was the right thing to do and drive the safe speed that everyone else was driving to avoid potentially putting myself and other people in harms way and i get penalized for it =(
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote