Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-12-2010, 09:08 AM   #19
eht13

Drives: .
Exterior is pretty nice, interior is too busy. Hopefully reliability is good, we'll see later. I do think that new Fords are going to prove more reliable than old ones, and I also think that Ford has a lot more potential to stick around for the long term than GM and Chrysler do... I wish Ford good luck.
eht13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:40 AM   #20
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
looks, nice!

PK, do you hate everything that isnt a yaris? or just any US vehicle? jesus, reading your posts are just effing downers!
Old 01-12-2010, 10:28 AM   #21
thebarber
daily driver

well, perhaps you and i are a dying breed. i don't have power windows, power locks, auto tranny, a/c

we both run base cars because we don't want/need stuff on the car thats going to eventually break or need complex replacement parts

i think ford and gm are on the right track, even w/ the gadgets.....its all trickle down from the upper-end vehicles anyhow.....soon itll be standard equipment like air bags, power steering, tire pressure monitoring, etc
Old 01-12-2010, 11:04 AM   #22
Aothachos
Banned

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Aothachos Send a message via Yahoo to Aothachos
ill stick with import....the only way ill get domestic is if i replace the motor with one of toyota's vvt-i or something good
Aothachos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:19 AM   #23
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
don't have power windows, power locks, auto tranny, a/c

we both run base cars because we don't want/need stuff on the car thats going to eventually break
From my perspective, I don't keep cars long enough for stuff like that to ever break; and none of that ever has. Resale value is also proportionally higher on vehicles with convenience packages. We have different strategies.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:57 AM   #24
thebarber
daily driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
From my perspective, I don't keep cars long enough for stuff like that to ever break; and none of that ever has. Resale value is also proportionally higher on vehicles with convenience packages. We have different strategies.
that is 100% true.

however, i find you have to watch the bulk of the market the car is aimed for....i had a helluva time selling a loaded matrix XRS (matrix with extra hp, req's 91 octane, but more importantly had a manual transmission, was a tough sell)
Old 01-12-2010, 12:09 PM   #25
coffiend

Drives: 08 Black LB
Well, I don't like ford but this is actually a pretty good looking car.

BUT the interior is ridiculous and it kind of looks like it wants to he a Mazda...
coffiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:23 PM   #26
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Not bad, but the interior looks a bit 'pinched' doesn't it? Feels like it's squeezing in on the driver. It also reminds me of one of those hideously garish boomboxes/all-in-one shelf stereos.

Kudos to Ford for moving in the right direction though.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote