Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-10-2010, 11:56 PM   #1
dg4rez
Gas Saver

Drives: Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via AIM to dg4rez
who sent the paycheck to CNBC

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home...d=family-autos

As a valet, I have driven every single one of these cars almost weekly, I would call myself an expert on this, and holy poop, have they had to be given a fat check, cause this is such bull... Ill do a "real review" on these cars in the same order:

1- Jaguar XF/XFR - Great looking car, a fresh breathe of air for jaguar, but still junk. I love the idea of the self closing air vents, and shift gauge, and its great looks and feel arn't worth the fact, that its made with cheap parts, so the nifty closing vents, have already started to either not work, or not in sync with the rest. I've also had one where the shifting nob, didn't pop up when the car turned on, so you had to try your hardest to turn the nob to get it into drive / park.

2- Audi S4 - Nice car, for the price, I would buy a lexus.

3- Chevrolet Camaro - Fun little car to drive, wouldn't buy one tho. Very slow car, unless you buy the most expensive model SS, and for that price, I would buy a used dodge viper, or even custom ordered an Ariel atom. Not much bang for the buck. Good news tho, I haven't had a broken down one yet, but as with every chevy, I dont expect it to hold up well after 40k miles on it!

4- BMW 335d - over priced junk, if your going to spend 45k+ and want a nice looking inside and out, get a lexus. BMW's cost you sooo much to repair and maintain it, they break down like no other. Major downsides: eletrical. Everything seems to break down on these things! Windows even more so. You would think over the past 10 years of people coming to you to replace the window cluster cause they cant roll there windows up and down, you would replace it with a better working one, or at least one that you can replace without replacing the WHOLE thing. No, why do that, when they can charge you $400 - $700 to replace just ONE WINDOW!!!

5- Dodge Ram 1500 - Just total junk. Bad on gas, doesn't hold up well, feels cheap when driven. All around F or a D- grade trunk.

6- Ford Flex - I see this becoming the newest Chrysler PT. Just total junk. No upsides other than it slightly resembles the scion toaster.

7- BMW Z4 - Read #4, this goes for every BMW, this little craptastic car will cost you around 50k, go buy a honda S2000 for half the price. When your inside this thing, you feel so not special

8- Ford Fusion Hybrid - Cool gauge cluster. Other than that, total junk. Parts rattle, and doesn't feel well built. Looks and feels like they rushed it to compete against the yoda cam hybrid. which is such a better car and same price range... if your going to build something to compete, you have to either A) do it better or B) do it cheaper. Ford failed at both... once again.

9- Mazda 3 - Actually not extremely bad, im not much of a mazda fan, cause they dont seem to hold up well after 60k miles on them. But mazda drivers tend to drive their cars a little more rough than others... but thats kinda a sterotype. If I was getting an SUV for the price range... RAV4

10- Porsche Boxster/Cayman - Craptastic. 60 grand for something thats worth 20. Plus everyone that sees you driving it, knows you have small balls, and a huge ego. These little things, are slow as crap, drive like crap, and dont hold up for crap. this car is like taking a shit while doing a handstand.

hope you enjoyed a REAL review of the "top best cars of 2010"

Last edited by dg4rez; 01-11-2010 at 02:23 PM.
dg4rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:03 AM   #2
ctrj

Drives: 07 Yaris Sdn, 97 4Runner
So how is it that you are the authority on this? You're a valet? How far are you actually driving these vehicles?

ctrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:56 AM   #3
xxae07xx
hook em

Drives: black 08 lb
"Chevrolet Camaro - Fun little car to drive, wouldn't buy one tho. Very slow car, unless you buy the most expensive model SS, and for that price, I would buy a dodge viper, or even custom order an Ariel atom"

thats the most unreasonable thing ive ever heard!

viper msrp = 90k
ariel atom msrp = 65k
CAMARO SS MSRP = 31K

Last edited by PK198105; 01-11-2010 at 08:07 AM.
xxae07xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:28 AM   #4
Lucas13

Drives: 07 Yaris LB
I will say that is almost impossible to tell how good the car is by driving it from the garage/parking lot to the ramp or exit, in some cases valet parkers may need to drive the car on the street but that won't give you the full concept if the car is good or bad.

I use to be in valet for quite a while after I became an area manager for the company, I was able to tell if the materials of the car where better from another and things of that kind, but performance wise is impossible to test drive a car under those conditions...
Lucas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:45 AM   #5
rwyu

Drives: 2010 Yaris; 2008 BMW 335i
Have you driven the 335 for more than 15 minutes overall? Being a valet doesn't necessarily means you 'actually' feel the vehicle's capabilities since you never drove it out in the track, highway, or long periods of times in the street. Before you start bashing at other cars, I suggest you actually go testdriving with those cars in the dealership before coming back and writing those negative comments. Quite ignorant for a person to say all those. I bet you didn't know that BMW also has an extended warranty 6 years/100k miles FREE maintenance since I own a BMW 335i. Also, for a FR car, the car itself has a weight distribution of 51/49, which in any case when a car has a 50/50 weight distribution, this will be great in handling when taken out to the track.
rwyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:50 AM   #6
rwyu

Drives: 2010 Yaris; 2008 BMW 335i
For your number 9 post, I hate to tell you this, but why are you comparing a Mazda 3 and RAV4 when those two cars are not even in the same category? It's comparing apples and oranges.
rwyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:00 AM   #7
dg4rez
Gas Saver

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwyu View Post
For your number 9 post, I hate to tell you this, but why are you comparing a Mazda 3 and RAV4 when those two cars are not even in the same category? It's comparing apples and oranges.
very true, people buying a mazda 3, are buying a car with a little extra space, and can handle rougher conditions than just city street, I would buy a RAV4 or 4runner.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:26 PM   #8
dg4rez
Gas Saver

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxae07xx View Post
"Chevrolet Camaro - Fun little car to drive, wouldn't buy one tho. Very slow car, unless you buy the most expensive model SS, and for that price, I would buy a dodge viper, or even custom order an Ariel atom"

thats the most unreasonable thing ive ever heard!

viper msrp = 90k
ariel atom msrp = 65k
CAMARO SS MSRP = 31K
sorry, I ment used, which I just added. And here in las vegas, camaros have at the bare minimum a 10,000 + on sticker. And thats for the craptastic ones, not the SS with the bigger engines. These things are going faster than the vettes, and they arn't as good. Your buying looks. And it does have that. If thats what you want, spring for it.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:30 PM   #9
dg4rez
Gas Saver

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelll View Post
Sorry dg4rez but a new camaro and new viper are not even remotely close in comparison, category or price.
New ss loaded coupe is $43,000.
New viper coupe is either $92,000 for the srt10 or $105,000 for the acr and this does not include any options.

A better comparison is a corvett zr1 and a viper, this is more accurate.
yeah, I ment used viper. plenty out there for this price range, and great cars vipers are. Not many domestic cars I like, or talk well about. Ford GT (not mustang) the GT car, was fords nice car, and dodge has the Viper. Great engines, nicely put together, drives great, and has the balls to scare the crap out of you if you are daring enough to put the petal to the metal. Even the rental pos vipers we get in, that get insainely abused, drive great, you can tell the tranny isn't holding up to well, but thats not the car, thats the crappy drivers that drive it.

Tags
best cars of 2010 reviews