Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-24-2009, 12:36 AM   #19
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
riv-nut! Thanks for the info.
I think the tool to drive that riv-nut is mega bucks.
they are quite cheap actually , check out Amazon or ebay
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:03 AM   #20
schleppy
I love momentum.

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB, Red
Send a message via AIM to schleppy
I've had my RS spoiler installed with just 3M tape for months now. Works great! Just make sure the spoiler is clean before you put the tape on, and the parts of the car where the tape is going are clean too. It also helps the tape stick if you heat it up prior to applying, then press it down firmly for 30-60 seconds onto the car.

Last edited by schleppy; 12-29-2009 at 03:42 PM.
schleppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:30 PM   #21
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
wow spoiler installed with just 3m tape...really????
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:28 AM   #22
bzinn 1

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruimond View Post
I had my RS Spoiler installed professionally. But i did not want them to drill it on, so they said they would glue it on. Pretty sure they used something called "Sikaflex" or another type of bodykit glue to stick it on. Its like a black coloured glue.

The glue is very strong though, so will be hard to remove later.
Hard to remove later is an understatement......that stuff is awsome,not sure the exact name of it but it like Sikaflex.....used it to mold a lip on a car once and the bumper ripped in an accident and the lip was still solid and unbroken...lol

If you use bolt and nut to put it onyou will need a pyramid bit to cut a big enough hole on back side of hatch to get nut and lock washer in....they are like $50...I use them for work so I have them onhand.

A good pilot hole and a good sheet metal screw will hold it on just fine,I did to mine for a week before I took off and retaped and bolted,mainly because I no want it stolen.

Take your time,measure many times,have a couple friends hold it and verify it is in right spot,mine ended up 1/8" to the passenger side,not really noticable to anyone but me.
bzinn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote