Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-09-2016, 08:36 AM   #1
lcrajan2
I've made a post!

Drives: Toyota yaris yrs 2008
Unhappy Need help

Hi all
Yesterday I brought my first car, the Toyota yaris yrs 2008 5 door used car. As I have not much knowledge about the car, today, my friend found out some issue with the car. First of all, while locking through remote there is not any lights. However it locks. In the case of unlocking, there is flash lights and works well. All doors are locks and unlocks well.
Another issue is the the driver's door lock is not working while loking with key. Its seems broken. But through remote, the door lock and unlocks well.
I read the forum and took the car to local mechanic and asked him to check fuses and batteries. However, everything is ok.
I m wondering what is wrong with my car and how much does it take to fix these two issues.
Thanks in advance.
lcrajan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:59 PM   #2
xdarkxfirex

Drives: 2015 yaris le
The first issue seems strange. Usually toyotas beep when you try to unlock them and flash the hazards. It could be the previous owner found a way to bypass it.

The other issue, you can try spraying some good lubricant in the hole and see if it helps the key move freely
xdarkxfirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 10:56 PM   #3
SirDigby

Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door
#1 the flashing and beeping wile locking and unlocking can be controlled using the TIS computer at the dealership. they can log into the computer and change all your lights/lock settings including DRL.
#2 the door locks don't turn like an old school tumbler lock. they are actuated by a micro-switch that requests for the computer to unlock the door. mine unlock when you turn the key about 10 degrees. you have a faulty switch. idk if it's serviceable, you'll prob have to buy a new lock and have it key-d unless you have a source for micro-switches...
SirDigby is offline   Reply With Quote