Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-21-2018, 05:03 PM   #127
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by junorico24 View Post
KIA SPORTAGE 2016 Diesel AWD update.

60 000 KM on the clock.

Still no dramas. Bullet proof so far..

Hope i don't jinx myself.

The only thing that concerns me is the long intervals between service. 15K km between service. I think it's too long. Maybe KIA have so much confidence in their products..I am happy with the car. Been reliable. Just wish it was a bit more fun to drive. But it's not bad.

Very nice; thanks for the update. 60k KM on the clock is a good bit.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:24 PM   #128
junorico24

Drives: toyota yaris yrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Very nice; thanks for the update. 60k KM on the clock is a good bit.
Mate..At the start everyone is like DO NOT GET A KIA.

It's too unreliable. So i was like, Hmmmm, really?

F it I i'll get one and find out if all this fuss is true..

It's all BS!
junorico24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:00 PM   #129
Whiplash

Drives: 2009 Yaris 4DR
Quote:
KIA SPORTAGE 2016 Diesel AWD update.

60 000 KM on the clock.

Still no dramas. Bullet proof so far..

Hope i don't jinx myself.

The only thing that concerns me is the long intervals between service. 15K km between service. I think it's too long. Maybe KIA have so much confidence in their products..I am happy with the car. Been reliable. Just wish it was a bit more fun to drive. But it's not bad.

This is why I gave my 2014 Forte SX to my dad...it was perfectly reliable, and a great daily driver. But it was so boring to drive. My dad is very happy with it.
Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:30 AM   #130
ern-diz

Quote:
Mate..At the start everyone is like DO NOT GET A KIA.

It's too unreliable. So i was like, Hmmmm, really?

F it I i'll get one and find out if all this fuss is true..

It's all BS!
Yeah, I hear what you're saying, but I was one of those people lol. I shared a link earlier in this thread about a recall on Hyundai engines. Not an ancillary system, but the actual engines fail due to metal shavings, if I remember correctly. To say they are built as well and are as trouble free as Toyota and Honda's offerings wouldn't be completely accurate, in my opinion. I must admit they've come a long way, I actually like the styling of the Veloster, but they're still not cars I'm interested in spending my money on.

On Wheelwell

Last edited by ern-diz; 05-22-2018 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:43 PM   #131
junorico24

Update.

It's 76 000 KM no dramas she's purring along very smooth to drive. No dramas with the engine and gearbox. The only drama was human error ummm Mrs hit the letter box and dented the front left panel. I removed the wheel well cover and pushed the dint back out and it's all good. She already crashed it a year ago pushed the front in. Lucky no chassis buckle just the radiator and front bumper damaged. What can you do? Not the car's fault. It's a woman driver!!! KIA is good so far. Just needs to add a bit of fun to drive to their car line up and I can definitely recommend their products to anyone.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:29 PM   #132
Hamster

Drives: 2009 5-Door Liftback
I've also heard that KIA has been becoming more and more reliable. Give them time, and they might be just as reliable as Japanese cars.
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 11:36 AM   #133
ern-diz

Quote:
What can you do? Not the car's fault. It's a woman driver!!!
I love seeing stuff like this because I'm a grade A ball breaker, but you gotta be careful these days because you make the wrong joke around the wrong person and next thing you know, you find yourself me too'd

On Wheelwell
Old 01-22-2019, 11:50 AM   #134
Lukama_jr
I've made a post!

Drives: Toyota Vitz
Good people you are.
please help, im from east africa, Tanzania, own my little guy kia sportage 2000 year. im looking for sensors, airflow sensor, and other two.. i will send them right when i get back home. any reliable site that sell or store, will be glad to hear. thank you.
Lukama_jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 01:38 PM   #135
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
I've test driven most of the Hyundai (and a few of the Kia) lineup... and I liked most of the models.

However, IMHO, there are far too many customer complaints about the vehicles as well as miserable customer service, and far too many recalls for engine defects, failures, and fire risk to even consider a Hyundai or Kia... at any price.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 05:57 PM   #136
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukama_jr View Post
Good people you are.
please help, im from east africa, Tanzania, own my little guy kia sportage 2000 year. im looking for sensors, airflow sensor, and other two.. i will send them right when i get back home. any reliable site that sell or store, will be glad to hear. thank you.
Some of the guys here might be able to help, but I think you would find a lot more info on the Kia forum

On Wheelwell
Old 01-22-2019, 11:23 PM   #137
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
I love seeing stuff like this because I'm a grade A ball breaker, but you gotta be careful these days because you make the wrong joke around the wrong person and next thing you know, you find yourself me too'd
It's so unfortunate that people are so dang sensitive these days with their fake outrage. By the way, I am female, and I find jokes about bad women drivers hilarious. Because there's some truth to those jokes! There's nothing more dangerous than a soccer mom in an SUV. I live within a short walking distance to a shopping center, and I walk over to the grocery store there a couple times a week. I can't tell you how many times I've nearly gotten hit by a "busy mom" in a SUV who's too busy to yield to a pedestrian when I'm crossing the street to get to the shopping center. It's scary. When you're on foot, you have no steel cage or airbags to protect you. Male drivers have always yielded to me when I have the right of way as a pedestrian.
Old 01-24-2019, 06:52 AM   #138
Whiplash

Over here is mostly soccer moms in minivans since they are made here. Dads as well, but they spring for a RAM.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:50 AM   #139
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
It's so unfortunate that people are so dang sensitive these days with their fake outrage. By the way, I am female, and I find jokes about bad women drivers hilarious. Because there's some truth to those jokes! There's nothing more dangerous than a soccer mom in an SUV. I live within a short walking distance to a shopping center, and I walk over to the grocery store there a couple times a week. I can't tell you how many times I've nearly gotten hit by a "busy mom" in a SUV who's too busy to yield to a pedestrian when I'm crossing the street to get to the shopping center. It's scary. When you're on foot, you have no steel cage or airbags to protect you. Male drivers have always yielded to me when I have the right of way as a pedestrian.
I tip my hat to ya for not living that recreational outrage life!

On Wheelwell
Old 01-24-2019, 08:59 PM   #140
Hamster

ern-diz I'm not a sensitive snowflake. LOL! It's so annoying that these sensitive snowflakes get their panties in a wad over everything. They're total control freaks. It's like you can't make an off-color joke or wear a funny Halloween costume anymore. And if you do, they'll start crying and posting hashtags on their Facebook accounts.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:02 PM   #141
junorico24

She crashed it again. Hit a bunch of shopping carts at the mall. In the smash repairs. Looks like I'm gonna have to hire a car.

Those darth vader looking Yaris it is. I miss driving manual so I'd go with manual this time.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:44 PM   #142
suprf1y

Drives: 05 Echo
My mom is on her second Kia Soul and loves it.

I was car shopping for my wife a few years ago and looking at a Kia Koup, so I asked a buddy who is in the repair industry, and has owned a number of Kia's. He said they're fine cars for for the money but at about 100k the repairs will start.

I didn't want to take the chance and bought something else.
suprf1y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:25 PM   #143
junorico24

YO! they didn't have a YARIS.

But I got something better a Camry Hybrid.

These things are revelation. It's Amazeball.

Quiet AF and smooth. I haven't smiled in a while driving a car until i got in this one.

Last edited by junorico24; 02-13-2019 at 07:47 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:01 AM   #144
Whiplash

Almost anything will make you smile after driving a yaris.