Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2018, 06:09 AM   #1
miiser

Drives: yaris 2009
New OEM style Android headunit

Hi guys,

After a long search and a lot of confusion whether to buy a brand name HU or a Chinese Android HU, I finally made up my mind and I pulled the trigger on an OEM style Android one, that I found at great price.
Here it is:

I am very pleased with the fitment and the looks even thought the color is not exactly the same, it’s more bright silver than the climate control panel but it’s ok for me.

About the sound quality:
first of all it’s a HUGE upgrade over the stock headunit. It has way more power and the speakers really came up to life. Also the quality is good enough, better than I expected. Of course if you are a serious audiophile you might not be very pleased. In this case you should go for the big brandnames like pioneer kenwood etc.

My only problem so far:
Damn the radio reception is weak. I plugged the amp wire to the headunit to amplify the signal, but I had no luck. It’s still weak compared to the stock headunit. I don’t know how to fix the problem. Any ideas ??

About the installation:
Took 10 minutes. Every wire was plug and play with the factory wirings. There are adapters in the box that makes your life much easier. I only had to screw unscrew the bolts. Straight forward process.

Am I happy overall?
Of course. This headunit brings my 2008 yaris, to the present standards. It’s a very nice upgrade and you can customize it as much as you like. Plus there are tons of apps in the play store. The only thing that worries me is the antenna situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
miiser is offline   Reply With Quote