Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-14-2011, 03:27 PM   #1
Mandos

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
New to the yaris world.

To start, great site. I've been looking the forums this weekend trying to finsd the answers to my following questions, but so far I haven't ( maybe it's due to my lack of understanding to this tuning world and all ) so if there already is a post talking about this, please reffer it to me so I can read it, thanks.

I'm the owner of a '07 Yaris HB 5dr for a years. I've always been interested into tuned cars and all the mods that can be made. Unfortunatly, I have no idea where to start or even what can be done.

Having not alot of money to spend but still wanting to change the look of my car, I was wondering if it is possible to change my bumpers for the RS ones I already got the mags into it and looking for a spoiler for next summer. Any pointers / recommendations would be appreciated. Oh and forgot to mentioned it's an AT car .... yeah.
Mandos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:59 PM   #2
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
check out microimageonline.com there is a lot of affordable quality upgrades there.

Lets start by asking, what are your goals with this car? Cosmetics, horsepower, or handling? You can do all three modestly, but your looking at a lot of money being thrown down over time. Looks like cosmetics is where you wanna start.

Id start going thru this sticky to start out with if your looking for bumper replacements.
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=388

BUT to be honest, I think the first thing you should do to really enjoy the yaris and make it look more aggressive is spring/shock upgrade or coil-overs.
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8342
Old 11-14-2011, 08:02 PM   #3
ArmyYaris

Drives: Blazin' Blue 2007 Yaris LB
First off welcome to the site!

My progress thread (link in my sig below) has a list of my mods and links to were to get them..eBay can be your best friend when it comes to parts..you just have to know what's crap and what isnt
Old 11-14-2011, 11:21 PM   #4
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Also check out the for sale threads. You can pick up some new and used parts for cheap. Some of my parts I've picked up used for great savings:

Springs (New $480, used $100)
CF spoiler, C-ONE replica (New $400, picked up with slight blemish and clearanced $80)
Wheels & Tires, used but not used if that makes sense, guy got them for his wife, she didn't like
TRD muffler
TRD oil cap
GT-Spec rear lower strut brace
Toyota replacement tail lights, sold as an optional accessory, new cost $$$, used $49

And I'm sure I have more, I just can't remember it all.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:18 AM   #5
Dadams

Drives: '09 yaris hatchback
Welcome!

I'm still newish around here as well but I've already started doing some slight mods to my black 3dr. Everyone that has already commented is completely right do take their word on it they know what theyre talking about. Also check out my ride if you want some more ideas! Just click the link in my sig! Everything I've done so far has been under 60$ except for the rims those were 750

My yaris build!
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36908
Please feel free to leave your oppinions! I would love to have them to see what I can improve on!
Dadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:36 AM   #6
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Welcome to the wild world of Yaris modding!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandos View Post
I was wondering if it is possible to change my bumpers for the RS ones
To answer your question, yes, but with a caveat... Your car will have a deeper bumper than the JDM cars, due to larger crash bars. So in order to fit a Japanese-spec bumper (like most aftermarket ones out there), you will need to remove those crash bars, or preferably swap them with shorter OEM ones.

Like ilikerice said, I highly recommend getting in touch with Garm at microimageonline.com , as he should have all these in stock :)

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:12 AM   #7
Dadams

Drives: '09 yaris hatchback
Agreed! I just put in an order for my hydrolic hood lift kit :]

My yaris build!
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36908
Please feel free to leave your oppinions! I would love to have them to see what I can improve on!
Dadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:00 AM   #8
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
welcome to the forums....lots of good used parts in the classifieds section

also check out clubecho-yarisquebec.com if you're a francophone
Old 11-15-2011, 11:17 AM   #9
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Happy to answer any questions you have, and happy to ship parts to Canada. Everyone said it all already, so I'll just say welcome to the forums, YarisWorld is an excellent resource for you!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:40 PM   #10
Mandos

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
And to answer the quetion that was asked, it's mainly the looks right now. Like I said I dont have alot of money to put in and i dont want to end up renting a lock-up to put my parts during winter ( freaking pain here with the snow )

So yeah, I'll have alot of homework to do before I can start anything ( anyone up for some teaching? :P )

Thanks all for the inputs you gave, nice ideas but laws here for tuning as well as the roads themselves plus winter ... kind of puts restriction to what can be done without losing the joy of riding everyday. If I ever start making changes, you guys will be the first to know.

Last edited by Mandos; 11-15-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Mandos is offline   Reply With Quote