Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Willing to Buy by private party
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-01-2015, 10:53 AM   #1
dj92
Embracing Curves

Drives: '14 Prius Executive
Cruise control (CTScott's mod is impossible for mine)

Hi there,
as the ECU of my 1.0 does not offer cruise control (neither is there a light for this in the instrument cluster, nor does it seem to have a pin for that), I need a controller that gets spliced into the pedal wiring.

Here, they cost a whopping 440$ and above and I did not find a used one on eBay yet.
Does anyone of you have one to sell?
Otherwise I'll have to build one from scratch - will be fun with the scarcely documented pedal circuit
Old 05-02-2015, 01:09 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
I can get a kit that will work for about $275+shipping.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:00 AM   #3
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
CT Scots CC mod for my 09 Yaris is alive and well for maybe 5 years now. Not only is it a treat to use, its now end of fun confounding and amazing people when I tell them about it!

When I told my boss for example he said "WHAT!?! You did something to your car from something you read on the INTERNET?!?"
Old 05-02-2015, 04:07 PM   #4
dj92
Embracing Curves

Drives: '14 Prius Executive
Scott, I'll come back to your offer as soon as I have gotten that amount of money aside (=money I did not need the month I got it) (not that I'd be that broke, but I want to touch my reserves as seldom as possible ;) )
That might be about 2 or 3 months from now, possibly earlier.

Bronsin, you might laugh, but I had already built a pcb with buttons and resistors according to Scott's values when I discovered that my car had neither the wiring to the steering wheel (which also applies to some US models and means almost nothing, I know), nor a dedicated pin on the ecu for this.

OK, it might have one, but then I'm at least not the only one of the Yaris 1.0/Aygo/C1/107 community who gets fooled by the wiring diagram's concealment

As people are used to me tinkering around with almost everything, these moments get quite rare

However, I did not expect I would get this far with my car as like fitting an automatic A/C (me gusta!).
Maybe parts for retrofitting VSC get cheaper before I can afford a Prius ;)