Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2007, 07:00 PM   #1
YarisGirl82
His Name is "Chub" =o)

Drives: '08 Yaris 3 Dr LB Meteorite
Send a message via Yahoo to YarisGirl82
Exclamation Crazy Old Lady's Driving Grand Marquis!! Watch Out!!

So, today, 5 DAYS AFTER GETTING MY CAR!! I got hit from the back by a crazy old lady driving a friggin huge ass boat!! WTF? How do people get through life having now idea where their car starts and stops?!! THere is NO WAY she could have fit into the spot next to me pulling striaght in, let alone cock eyed from the side! Way too wide, and too dam fast! Seriously! Then, after she complained about not liking her car, she proceeded to go through all of the "things not to say after you've just hit someone"....like

"I don't think I did that"
No, my car just lunged forward, and would have gone further had I not been in it with my foot on the brake! It's a new feature, jumping cars!

"It's not bad, just a scratch"
Right, well, regardless, it snapped some of the clips, and I'll be getting a new F@#$!! bumper!

"You were parked wrong"
Uh, put your glasses on lady, I'm between the white lines, and my car is TINY!! If you can't fit, DON't TRY and then BLAME ME for your bad eye sight!

"I've never been in an accident"
That doesn't matter, this is now, and yes you have! Your insurance will be going up, Merry Christmas!!

I was very respectful, and calm (although wanting to cry and scream obscenities) but serious, and just wanted to get the information, and go to my ins agent. Thankfully, my best friend happens to be my ins. agent and I got the claim in within the hour of it happening, and it should be in the works!

Without further ado, here are the pics, they don't look like much, but, if I hadn't had my foot on the brake, I would have ended up in the concrete pole in front of me, with probably 2 deployed air bags, and a smooshed front, so it could have been worse, but I've only had him 5 days!
Attached Images

YarisGirl82 is offline   Reply With Quote