Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2006, 01:09 PM   #1
devinlamothe

Drives: '07 Yaris HB
Arrow Clicking noise in center console?

Hey guys. I've had my Yaris since May and so far it's been great!

However, over the past couple of weeks I've been hearing this plastic clicking noise whenever I go over a bump from the center console (it sounds like it's coming from just behind the shifter, under that panel where the door lock button is). If I push down and hold the plastic console by the button it goes away ... but as soon as I let go, it comes back once I hit another bump. Oh ... they aren't very large bumps, just little cracks in the road.

My question is, has anyone else experienced this? And how would I go about opening up that center console to see what the noise is? Or should I just bring it in because it's still under warranty?
devinlamothe is offline   Reply With Quote