Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Hawaii
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-22-2009, 05:34 PM   #19
battleversiontc

Drives: 08 vip yaris
and i swear that the sc peter is running can make more power then what hes making right now on it prolly tuning and fuel issue but ive seen the dynos for the xb's with the power enterprise one makin like 170 and i wouldnt run with out a management system its just dont do it
mecp masters certified

Last edited by battleversiontc; 05-23-2009 at 05:22 AM.
battleversiontc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:10 PM   #20
2bad4u

Drives: 06 Toyota Vitz RS
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbond View Post
^ many many many many.
fuji, if you want to become a vendor for a low-cost, low-boost turbo kit, I'm sure people would be interested.
one more
2bad4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:13 PM   #21
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
i wouldnt run with out a management system its just dont do it
but you'll race at 20 psi on a base map. Ok, you gotta admit that is at least a LITTLE funny...
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:27 PM   #22
gwasabi

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue LB
I'm pretty sure the blitz charger can but I still dont like it. alright I'll take it back. It's not crap, just the one peter has is crap lol blitz is a good company i agree though. I rather have the power enterprise one....it looks nicer and peter doesn't have it....

MunkyWurks Garage - 8088488794
gwasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:35 PM   #23
battleversiontc

i have 3 maps tuned for this t3 60-1 turbo i have one for 12 psi ,15psi, 20psi i can go further on this turbo i really dont care if i blow it up that would actually be a bonus for me cause then i can drop my spare in and tune back from the last highest setting i had in and tune backwards i dont run t28 or t25 like everyone else for me its either go big or go home. plus to i rather push the limits of this motor since no one else wants to step up to the plate
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
but you'll race at 20 psi on a base map. Ok, you gotta admit that is at least a LITTLE funny...
mecp masters certified

Last edited by battleversiontc; 05-22-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:49 PM   #24
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Go for it, I'm glad someone is doing it!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:09 PM   #25
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by battleversiontc View Post
and i swear that the sc peter is running can make more power then what hes making right now on it prolly tuning and fuel issue but ive seen the dynos for the xb's with the power enterprise one makin like 170 and i wouldnt run with out a management system its just dont do it
definately can. it just comes with a conservative tune. however, what you mentioned is my near future plans too. larger injectors/throttle body and meth injection....then tune.

thomas: what's with all the bashing on me? I was the first boosted yaris in hawaii, EVER. You like that? Let me know when your boyfriend gives you permission to get more stuff for your car. I like it when other hawaii people do stuff to their car; unlike you.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 05:11 AM   #26
fuji

Drives: Polar White Yaris HB
I was planning on going pretty mild. Just a bit more kick. Thanks to Gwasabi for the list of parts and to Cali Yaris for the recommended gauges. I would be more than happy with about 130 hp. Just want to keep it simple and drivable.
fuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 05:21 AM   #27
battleversiontc

you can do 130hp with n/a its not really worth the money to invest into a a turbo setup that will make you 130hp cause its just not worth the time and alot of time buying parts of a used car can be either good or not cause you have to consider milage and shaft play on the turbo and if you have to rebuild so the turbos fresh the cost of that to. but a 6psi setting will prolly do you 150hp or so a 4 psi turbo set up not worth it. if you stick to a gt20 with some tc injectors you can run no management and run you at 130hp prolly at 6 psi. if anything else let me know ive built everything from 1.5l to 2.4l turbos so i can pretty much figure a set up
mecp masters certified

Last edited by battleversiontc; 05-23-2009 at 05:31 AM.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:56 PM   #28
anonymous user
rarer than JDM -1 of 1!

Drives: 07yaris
Did i miss a post, or are you FI guys not really worried about EGT?

anonymous user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:12 PM   #29
fuji

Sorry, what is EGT?
Old 05-23-2009, 01:26 PM   #30
fuji

Battleversion TC,

What would be awesome is if you could give a quick tutorial on how to approach 130hp naturally aspirated.

Of course the obvious ones are.....

Intake
Free flowing exhaust(I have the same muffler as Peterpoop!)
1ZZ throttle body - I will install it this weekend - god I hope it works!
NST Pulleys

Any other suggestions? Does it involve internal engine mods???
Old 05-23-2009, 01:48 PM   #31
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
130 N/A!? i know cali yaris and others have gotten around 115whp on a dynojet being NA; it COULD be done. I know it was close when richard was developing his intake manifold. Other than that, noone has come to 130whp.

For the record, I did 133whp on a dynojet on my first pull. After that, my AFR readings made the dyno guys crap their pants. however, that is fixed and soon I'll be adding 1zz injectors with the 1zz TB and probably head back to the dyno before the tune/meth injection. I believe i'll hit 140whp with the addition of just the 1zz injectors and TB on top of what i already have. shoots

ps: thomas, I take it back, you don't have a boyfriend, she's a girl. And I do like you, I really do! :)
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:20 PM   #32
gwasabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post

thomas: what's with all the bashing on me? I was the first boosted yaris in hawaii, EVER. You like that? Let me know when your boyfriend gives you permission to get more stuff for your car. I like it when other hawaii people do stuff to their car; unlike you.

can be answered with your own post from here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
fuji, just talk to evan,and not gwasabi. this topic has been gone over 100x in the FI section.
It's not the fact I don't like other people in hawaii modding or what not, It's just kinda irritating when they overdo their ego. Oh btw I'm single now fyi. don't try to hit on me though I don't swing that way. plus, there are other things I rather spend my money on than just my car.

Anyway back to the turbo. 130hp?!?!?!?! you might as well SC it. Be the FIRST ONE WITH Power Enterprice SC on Hawaii and post videos on youtube! LAWL

Don't turbo if your gonna try for 130. not worth.

Old 05-23-2009, 03:23 PM   #33
gwasabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post
Battleversion TC,

What would be awesome is if you could give a quick tutorial on how to approach 130hp naturally aspirated.

Of course the obvious ones are.....

Intake
Free flowing exhaust(I have the same muffler as Peterpoop!)
1ZZ throttle body - I will install it this weekend - god I hope it works!
NST Pulleys

Any other suggestions? Does it involve internal engine mods???
you can pop on stage 1 clutch, lightened flywheel, headers, maybe new beefed up internals will help. change out the tb and injectors, new fuel map, do little tuning here and there.

hell if your into something different you can get ITB to make your engine bay look like you have a 300 hp lol

Old 05-23-2009, 03:41 PM   #34
battleversiontc

ok heres the two list one will be for boosted and one will be for na
N/A Setup: intake, headers, exhaust, leave stock cat, pulleys, vvti controller, stage 1 clutch, lightened flywheel, intake manifold, throttle body you hit 130 easy cali did 107 with i/h/e pulleys richard did 120 with manifold xd throttle body and no exhaust. if your auto and not manual run a trans cooler and some synthetic trans fluid will act as a lightened flywheel and clutch assembly without 91 octane can run whatevers 87 89 91
VS
Turbo set up: turbo manifold, turbo, piping, injectors, bigger throttle body, high flow cat or delete cat for ultra free flow, exhaust, flywheel, stage 2 clutch, gauges, management or just leave stock tune, bov, boost controller this will prolly put you over 130hp gaurenteed at 6psi with 91 octane gotta run 91

so long story short it isnt worth all that money to run a turbo at 4psi turbos have a certain or minimum level they need to be run at if not then your not really gaining anything thats why most turbo kits are pre set to 6 psi some are higher but you get my point
mecp masters certified

Last edited by battleversiontc; 05-23-2009 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:43 PM   #35
battleversiontc

exhaust gas temp they arent neccessary because you wont be holding boost for long periods of time cause stock pistons will melt at 1500 degrees youll never get that high
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post
Sorry, what is EGT?
mecp masters certified
Old 05-23-2009, 03:50 PM   #36
gwasabi

i thought you cant use the VVTI controller? it only really works with VVTi-L I thought? or am I wrong?

well if that VVTI controller works you can get camcon (I think that was it) from power enterprise