Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 11:35 PM   #1
Walter

Drives: Polar White LB
FT: Polar white Front End in So. Cal

Interested in trading my 3 door hatchback front end for your sedan front end. Im pretty sure it will be a direct bolt/parts replacement but of course we would measure everything before we begin taking it all apart. I think this would be a unique change to both cars.

My car already has joey modded black inner housing headlights. I will post pics up soon.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:08 AM   #2
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
I'm about 99.999% sure it won't fit without some major modification. Would be one heck of a mod though!

Then again I could be 0.0001% wrong.

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 01-09-2007, 10:11 AM   #3
dngz

Drives: black yaris sedan
wont fit!!!!!
Old 01-09-2007, 10:37 AM   #4
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
That's a cool idea but like others said it won't fit...the size of the fronts are different as well as deminsions. It like trying to put a Camry grill on a Tundra...
Old 01-09-2007, 04:07 PM   #5
Walter

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECHOKnight2000 View Post
That's a cool idea but like others said it won't fit...the size of the fronts are different as well as deminsions. It like trying to put a Camry grill on a Tundra...
I think it might if its done from the fenders forward. I know that in the VW community GTi fronts are swapped with Jetta fronts all the time... I had a Jetta with a euro GTi front myself...

As far as the Yaris goes, the sedan and the LB have the same lines where the fender meets the A pilar and the front door. If fenders, hood, lights, and front bumper are replaced I honestly think it might work... might have to get into swapping core supports but like I said I could be totally wrong because I havent had a sedan at my disposal for measurements.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:53 PM   #6
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter View Post
I think it might if its done from the fenders forward. I know that in the VW community GTi fronts are swapped with Jetta fronts all the time... I had a Jetta with a euro GTi front myself...

As far as the Yaris goes, the sedan and the LB have the same lines where the fender meets the A pilar and the front door. If fenders, hood, lights, and front bumper are replaced I honestly think it might work... might have to get into swapping core supports but like I said I could be totally wrong because I havent had a sedan at my disposal for measurements.

I admire your perserverence, and if you prove us wrong then you are king! I would love pictures if you do figure it out. I guess you could do it but I believe you would have to really modify it to fit the hatch, I mean really modify it the sedan is wider so...I don't know! Good luck!! Keep us posted!
Old 01-09-2007, 06:40 PM   #7
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Post some bigger pics of that sick ass LB!!!
Old 01-09-2007, 07:37 PM   #8
Walter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECHOKnight2000 View Post
I admire your perserverence, and if you prove us wrong then you are king! I would love pictures if you do figure it out. I guess you could do it but I believe you would have to really modify it to fit the hatch, I mean really modify it the sedan is wider so...I don't know! Good luck!! Keep us posted!
Hmmm, youre probably right . I will keep you posted...
Im a Yaris noob, only been in the forums a couple of days.

Maybe someone with a sedan can measure from one side to the other right where the fenders bolt to the apron? That would be a great help and then we would know if it can be done! Hopefully my bubble wont be burst

Here is a bigger pic of my LB (its photoshopped, but mine looks pretty much just like this minus the wheels and red rockers/mirrors. Ill post untouched pics of it soon):

Last edited by Walter; 01-09-2007 at 08:13 PM.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:47 PM   #9
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
holy ****

-- Blen
Old 01-09-2007, 08:25 PM   #10
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
Here is a bigger pic of my LB (its photoshopped, but mine looks pretty much just like this minus the wheels and red rockers/mirrors. Ill post untouched pics of it soon):
[/QUOTE]

Yea u better........................hehe the front part reminds me of a rabbit for sum reason
Old 01-10-2007, 12:07 AM   #11
johnnyfive

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasher22 View Post
Yea u better........................hehe the front part reminds me of a rabbit for sum reason

a rabbit, like a bunny? or like the car? looks like the blackout fronts on the newer VW's...

sidenote, hasher, i think the design in your sig. looks like a bunny...with the ears behind the "has" and the top of the leggs behind the "22"...
Old 01-10-2007, 02:03 AM   #12
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyfive View Post
a rabbit, like a bunny? or like the car? looks like the blackout fronts on the newer VW's...

sidenote, hasher, i think the design in your sig. looks like a bunny...with the ears behind the "has" and the top of the leggs behind the "22"...
I dont see it........???

Anyway i know why it looks like a rabbit to me, cuz a friend of mine has a white rabbit with a black nose and the rabbits eyes are black........sooo yerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 01-10-2007, 02:35 AM   #13
johnnyfive

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter View Post
Maybe someone with a sedan can measure from one side to the other right where the fenders bolt to the apron? That would be a great help and then we would know if it can be done! Hopefully my bubble wont be burst

52 1/4 inches from bolt to bolt right infront of the strut mounts(as best i can tell in the dark bymyself with a crappy tape ;))...i really wouldnt be suprised if they would switchout. they are suposedly the same frame, with just different skins, and then different behind the b pillars...

but let me know anything else you want to know about the sedan, and i can check it out. i am all about joining the 2 sides of this crazy thing we call the Yaris ;)
Old 01-10-2007, 04:01 AM   #14
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Walter heres a tip check the headlight lighting mould.......on both hatch and sedan.... :)
Old 01-10-2007, 03:43 PM   #15
Walter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasher22 View Post
Walter heres a tip check the headlight lighting mould.......on both hatch and sedan.... :)

But the headlights will be switched out along with the fenders, hood, and front bumper... possibly even the core support. Its the inner dimensions, or mounting points that concern me. The apron and frame rails need to be the same for it to be a bolt up conversion.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:45 PM   #16
Walter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyfive View Post
52 1/4 inches from bolt to bolt right infront of the strut mounts(as best i can tell in the dark bymyself with a crappy tape ;))...i really wouldnt be suprised if they would switchout. they are suposedly the same frame, with just different skins, and then different behind the b pillars...

but let me know anything else you want to know about the sedan, and i can check it out. i am all about joining the 2 sides of this crazy thing we call the Yaris ;)

Awesome, thanks! Im taking the tape measure out when I get home tonight! Wonder if the dealer will let me measure a sedan (assuming they have one in stock)
Old 01-10-2007, 06:09 PM   #17
Walter

A pic of my Yaris

Last edited by Walter; 01-10-2007 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:41 PM   #18
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Dibs on your headlights when/if you do remove them for the swap.
Closed Thread