Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-11-2011, 05:56 AM   #1
Johncypus
I've made a post!

Drives: Toyota Yaris GLD D4D
Bonnet replacement

Whilst driving my wife's pride and joy (a 2003 silver D4D diesel ) a pheasant flew into the bonnet leaving a bump the size of a football. I've sourced a second hand bonnet from a breaker. This bonnet is from a petrol model, does any one have any tips re the fitting of the replacement, I'm hoping the transfer of the under bonnet padding is going to be straightforward matter!
Thanks in anticipation,
Johncypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:03 AM   #2
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
It should be a direct replacement, BUT just lose fit it before the bolts are firmly tightened and lower it checking the fender and bumper clearance is the same all around. Not too sure about the padding. Depending on were it was assembled and what line, the holes might be punched or they won't. If not, an easy drilling is in order and you're good to go. Generally on cars in multiple markets, the holes will be "soft punched" to show where you should drill. Best way to tackle that one would be before you put the bonnet on, place the padding on and mark your holes, center punch them and then drill to required size.

Good luck. If you have time, take some pictures of your process and throw them in the DIY section in case someone else needs a reference.
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:14 AM   #3
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ good advice. The hinge holes have some adjustment in them, so you can make adjustments in the gap to the rear, front and sides.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote