Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Southeast
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-20-2009, 04:27 PM   #1
anapier88
Amanda Jo

Drives: 2009 5dr HB
Question Alabama?

I've yet to see anyone here from Alabama... in fact, I've only seen two Yaris(es/ii?) in Montgomery, and no 5dr HBs or sedans. Maybe they're just not quite as popular yet alllllll the way down here?
anapier88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:03 AM   #2
Yaristrocrat
Basking in Yaris luxury

Drives: 2009 3-door liftback
Mobile, AL Yaris owner here! Since I bought my Yaris, I've seen at least 3 Yarii in town. One of my co-workers supposedly has one also, but I have yet to see it in the parking lot at work. Hopefully, I'll discover more around town, but right now, I'm enjoying being one of the chosen few.
Yaristrocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:20 AM   #3
Morgan

Drives: 07 MM LB
<<< panhandle of Florida, does that count? We race in Dothan and frequently visit Mobile
Old 05-18-2009, 01:50 PM   #4
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
I used to be located in Birmingham...

Alabama is pretty Yarisless...I only saw about 10 tops
Sabretooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 04:39 AM   #5
Creeper

Drives: Silver 2DLB Yaris
Send a message via AIM to Creeper
im right next door in columbus, 1 memeber in pheonix but he never gets on anymore that i can tell. lots of the in columbus but i think im the only yarisworld memeber. lots of old ladys driving em
Creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:32 AM   #6
RedStickHam

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaristrocrat View Post
Mobile, AL Yaris owner here! Since I bought my Yaris, I've seen at least 3 Yarii in town. One of my co-workers supposedly has one also, but I have yet to see it in the parking lot at work. Hopefully, I'll discover more around town, but right now, I'm enjoying being one of the chosen few.
I live in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and it is kind of cool to be one of the few. At my job, there's a green Yaris sedan and a black hatchback in the parking lot, and there was on in the visitor lot yesterday. I've also seen a blue-green Yaris hatchback around town as well. Those are the only ones I've seen in the area. The attorney handling my accident claim told me a friend of her's has one as well.

There aren't alot of us around yet, but as gas prices get higher, I'm sure there will be.

RedStickHam
RedStickHam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:20 AM   #7
Yaristrocrat
Basking in Yaris luxury

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStickHam View Post
I live in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and it is kind of cool to be one of the few. At my job, there's a green Yaris sedan and a black hatchback in the parking lot, and there was on in the visitor lot yesterday. I've also seen a blue-green Yaris hatchback around town as well. Those are the only ones I've seen in the area. The attorney handling my accident claim told me a friend of her's has one as well.

There aren't alot of us around yet, but as gas prices get higher, I'm sure there will be.

RedStickHam
Sadly, it seems there are a lot more Aveos and Focuses in Mobile than Yarii. I have noticed that my Yaris has an evil twin, though. I've seen another Bayou Blue Yaris that looks identical to mine roaming the streets in my part of town.

I agree about the gas prices. I don't know why more Americans haven't jumped on the small car bandwagon since 9/11. It's not like oil prices are ever going to get back to the "good old days" when gas was going for $1.25 a gallon. I'm still amazed at how many new gas guzzler pickups I see on the road. I guess old habits die hard.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:20 AM   #8
RedStickHam

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaristrocrat View Post
Sadly, it seems there are a lot more Aveos and Focuses in Mobile than Yarii. I have noticed that my Yaris has an evil twin, though. I've seen another Bayou Blue Yaris that looks identical to mine roaming the streets in my part of town.

I agree about the gas prices. I don't know why more Americans haven't jumped on the small car bandwagon since 9/11. It's not like oil prices are ever going to get back to the "good old days" when gas was going for $1.25 a gallon. I'm still amazed at how many new gas guzzler pickups I see on the road. I guess old habits die hard.
I originally wanted to get a Focus, mainly because before my Hyundai, all I'd ever driven was Ford, but couldn't find one in my area that was equipped the way I wanted it, and I didn't want to have to order one and wait because my car had been totalled and I needed a new car.

I went with the Yaris because it was the cheapest new car I could find in my area that I could drive off the lot right away. 3 months later, I'm happy with it and I'm ready for gas prices going up again<grin>.

RedStickHam
RedStickHam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:55 AM   #9
Yaristrocrat
Basking in Yaris luxury

My unofficial Yaris count for the city of Mobile is up to five. Four liftbacks and one sedan. Our numbers are growing!
Old 08-10-2009, 04:03 PM   #10
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
I just joined today, been looking around for a good place to discuss these little cars. I just got mine 2 weeks ago (2009 Sedan) I'm in Florence (northwest corner of AL). Around here there are at least 7 of the 3-door and I've seen 2 other sedans here. Apparently I live in one of the more Yaris-rich areas of AL haha.
47_MasoN_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:06 AM   #11
08YarisAZ

Drives: 08 Red Yaris LB
I'm in Huntsville. I work with a guy who has the same color 3 door HB as me, and I have seen many of the 4 door sedans driving around. I have even seen and Onyx on the roads. I have also seem a white 3 door driving around. So there are a few up here.
08YarisAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:29 AM   #12
47_MasoN_47

I went up to Nashville on Tuesday and saw a red sedan and a black 3dr lb on I65. The Yaris definitely works well on the Interstate. It always felt like a struggle keeping my old Ranger up to speed, I had more trouble keeping the Yaris at the speed limit haha, I looked down once and was running just shy of 90.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:07 PM   #13
SmartYaris

Drives: '09 Yaris 3dr auto, '08 Smart
I'm near Florala but still in Florida. I work in Fort Walton Beach - plenty of them down there, up at the state line near Alabama not so much. :( More Smarts in my town than Yarii.
SmartYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:07 PM   #14
47_MasoN_47

Up to close to 20 Yarii in this area now, including an Onyx.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:22 AM   #15
formulation

Drives: 2010 Yaris 4dr LB Blazing Blue
Four Yarii in my department at work, three HB's and one sedan.
formulation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:28 PM   #16
Driftw00d
Clueless

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris "Bayou Blue"
Athens, AL here!
Driftw00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #17
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
well seeing as how FL is kinda lacking too, we should have a southeast meet. Get Yari' from the southernmost tri state area. I really want us to be able to get like a double digit meet going.

Last edited by 1.5; 02-14-2012 at 04:22 PM.
1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:31 PM   #18
JBougie
Banned

Drives: 2010 Yaris LB (Prev: 07 Sedan)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftw00d View Post
Athens, AL here!
I go through there all the time on the way to Scottsboro :D
JBougie is offline   Reply With Quote