Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Suggestions - Feedback - Questions
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #1
CPALK719

Drives: 2012 toyota yaris
rules for vendors commenting on threads...

i think there should be a rule implemented on vendors whom jump in a thread and try to peddle their items, when the topic at hand has nothing to do with what that specific vendor sells...

I can count twice already on two seperate threads, once i was asking for a specific brand tow hook, as well as emblems as of the last few days. and quickly A vendor comes on and says not sure if that'll work but i know my item works.....

Please do something about vendors coming into threads and trying to push their items, when in the fact the topic of hand in some threads has nothing to do with their items they sell.

i dont mind them making a comment PERTAINING to the topic as long as it doesn't involve me buying something from their inventory.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:46 PM   #2
goliath1812

Drives: 2010 Prius, 2007 Yaris Sedan
Not sure if you're going to get much help on this....the vendors bring money to the site to keep it running, and they bring items to these cars that you can't find other places in the USA. If they need to suggest something they have offered for sale they think you might be overlooking, I don't really see a problem with it. They do seem to want to help.

I do understand your position though...I guess maybe take the good with the bad and hope the good overwhelms (which I think it does)...
Old 05-21-2012, 10:11 PM   #3
tooter
play every day

Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp
Being an American Capitalist enterpreneur, I thoroughly enjoy the participation of the vendors here, and am not the least bit offended by the offers of merchandise they sell. Because it is not only selling, it is combined with their helpful expertise and and valuable practical knowledge.

Combining internet discussion forums with internet product promotion is the wave of the future in business.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:35 PM   #4
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
In. Before it gets locked
Old 05-21-2012, 10:43 PM   #5
tooter
play every day

I'm new here... has this been a controversial iissue before?
Old 05-21-2012, 11:54 PM   #6
jpmck03

Drives: 2018 Volkswagen GTI
Venders on this site are like advertisers in any other form of media... they pay for the privilege of advertising their products on this site.

You don't get mad when you read a magazine and you turn the page and a "vendor ... jump[s] in and tr[ies] to peddle their items" now, do you?

Old 05-22-2012, 12:14 AM   #7
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Drives: 07 Yaris hatch
Sounds like something that could have been handled via PM to me...

My odometer 03/11
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/2843ed85.jpg
Old 05-22-2012, 01:10 AM   #8
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
At the very least, respect the Mods by providing links to the threads you are complaining about, and saying who you are complaining about directly.

That would be me, by the way, in case anyone is unclear about it.

Quote:
once i was asking for a specific brand tow hook....and quickly A vendor comes on and says not sure if that'll work but i know my item works.....
That's still true. And relevant. And helpful.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:07 AM   #9
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
Garm, you peddlefile!

...I need a rear swaybar.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:00 PM   #10
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
Garm, you peddlefile!
Haha I see what you did there.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:29 PM   #11
spocksleftball

Drives: 2011 yaris
Heck! I learned from vendors, who btw sold me the stuff, what I was looking fo just on my vague imitation of the noise it should make. Without a vender who would actually endorse what he was selling me, I would be taking advice from some nobody and hoping to buy the right thing on ebay. I am greatful for the blend here. At least they arent shills!
Old 05-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #12
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #13
tooter
play every day

Now that's a shill...
Old 05-23-2012, 01:25 AM   #14
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
I don't get the concern.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #15
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altitude View Post
I don't get the concern.
Nor do I.

If it is the thread I am thinking about (devil horn emblems), I find it ironic and amusing that some are concerned about comments from vendors but the proposal to purchase items that are possibly copyright infringements doesn't cause them to pause!

Plus, I can't recall one instance where a vendor was trying to push their wares over someone else. It is not uncommon for them to mention they have a product for sale if someone is looking for it, but never have I witnessed what could be seen as an attempt to wedge themselves into a deal.

Perhaps people should be more concerned with the illegal activity being proposed by some instead of something so inconsequential as vendors commenting in threads. They are active participants on this forum and should be allowed to contribute like anyone else!

Cheers! M2
Old 05-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #16
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Op is just mad because he was 100% in the wrong. Op seems to have issues.

The vendors on here, and especially Cali Yaris, are among the most knowledgeable people on this site. More importantly, they know what works and what does not, because odds are they have tried many different things in order to see if they are salable.

The Op needs to stop whining, take a few steps back and observe so he can understand a few things about Yarisworld. If anyone needs to be ruled over it is the op. Coming into our house and telling us how we should do things. Seriously? Totally unbelievable. Now where did I put my katana?
Old 05-23-2012, 08:31 PM   #17
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
I agree with everyone except with @why's comment before mine. There is nothing wrong with voicing a concern about this (or any other) subject as long as it is not against forum rules.

I also agree that spamming should not be tolerated. But this is clearly NOT what Garm and other official vendors are doing.

BTW, this thread shall not be locked until the OP requests it or things get too out of hand. Let's just keep it civil, folks...
Old 05-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #18
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPALK719 View Post
i think there should be a rule implemented on vendors whom jump in a thread and try to peddle their items, when the topic at hand has nothing to do with what that specific vendor sells...
You can report any post at any time using the button. Just try to make sure the post you're reporting isn't legal in the first place.

Quote:
I can count twice already on two seperate threads, once i was asking for a specific brand tow hook, as well as emblems as of the last few days. and quickly A vendor comes on and says not sure if that'll work but i know my item works.....
Sorry, but I see nothing wrong with that. The vendors are here to sell items and help people if at all possible. It is legal for them to do so under current forum rules.

Quote:
i dont mind them making a comment PERTAINING to the topic as long as it doesn't involve me buying something from their inventory.
Sorry, but an emblem is an emblem is an emblem. I would completely agree with you if Garm had tried to sell you an exhaust instead, though.

Last edited by tk-421; 05-23-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Closed Thread