Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-01-2018, 08:04 PM   #19
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
The new aftermarket clock spring (Toyota Part #84306-22010) restored my cruise control.

It was a very simple job, using this video as a guide - especially 'calibrating' the spiral cable after installation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUapQVygKRU
So basically the dealer installed an incorrect clockspring and then refused to fix it. Stories like this is why people hate dealerships!
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 08:46 PM   #20
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC-SE View Post
So basically the dealer installed an incorrect clockspring and then refused to fix it. Stories like this is why people hate dealerships!
Well, sort of. They claim that Transport Canada instructs them to use a specific part, or directs them, or their manufacturers, how to design the 'improved' part that addresses flaws in the recalled part. I get that, but what I don't understand is how their parts counter guys say they can still order the older 'recalled' part. I think that Toyota actually did what they were supposed to do, and because my car did not come originally equipped with cruise, they are really under no obligation to fix it. In fact, they cannot install any part except that stated in the recall notice. They were willing to 'help out' so I guess they're not all bad - in this case, lol.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/

Last edited by 06YarisRS; 08-01-2018 at 09:05 PM.
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 07:06 AM   #21
06YarisRS

I'm impressed Saint John Toyota. They offered to pay for the clockspring. I also had the car in for them to check the driver's side rear coil spring as the car failed inspection at a local shop due to a chunk missing at the bottom. I picked one up at a junkyard. Toyota replaced it for me and when I went to pay, they said "You solved a problem for us, so we solved a problem for you". They also took the car in on the spot even though they were booked solid for the day. There was no charge on the spring install. I felt obliged to write a positive review on their website.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer

Last edited by 06YarisRS; 08-16-2018 at 09:16 AM.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:43 AM   #22
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
OK I take back what I said about dealerships, at least in this case. That is impressive behavior.
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 08:56 PM   #23
06YarisRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC-SE View Post
OK I take back what I said about dealerships, at least in this case. That is impressive behavior.
Haha. Well, I think this was the exception, not the norm. LOL! But, yes, these guys were legitimately interested in helping.