Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-07-2018, 10:50 PM   #37
Dliverance

Drives: 2012 Black sand pearl <3
Good things are happening very slowly. I’m selling one of my festivas tonight and the new owner doesn’t some of the parts. I will be swapping over my Sparco steering wheel and my recaro rep seat. If all goes well, I’ll have the bracket and hub ordered tomorrow. My front bumper came in too. It looks pretty damn good to me. To finish that project I need headlights, fog lights and a grill. I’ll probably get it over to my paint guy this week.

I’m also waiting for some bc racing coilovers. I got another email from tirerack saying it would be up to 4 months before I got my bilsteins so I cancelled the order. It’s a bummer but oh well. The bc’s seem to be pretty decent quality.
Dliverance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 03:53 PM   #38
Runethecursed

Drives: 2009 Yaris S
i just wish it wasnt so expensive for that piece. it really makes the front end change. splitter ready now
Runethecursed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:12 PM   #39
Dliverance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runethecursed View Post
i just wish it wasnt so expensive for that piece. it really makes the front end change. splitter ready now
It is a bit expensive but not really. When I built my FD, parts were waaaay more overpriced. I like to think that I’m going to have this car for a long time and this piece is a good investment. I’m also working on some other aesthetics but I don’t know for sure if they’re going to happen. I want to add some simple skirts and a rear diffuser from a Chinese manufacturer but I don’t know if they’re still in production. They’re made of polyurethane and that’s the only material I would use. I’m not s big fan of fiberglass. I’ve sent a few emails today and I’m waiting to hear back but if the kit is a no go, I’ll be going with the s rear lip. Hopefully it won’t come to that. Once I get the rear, sides and spoiler done, I’ll be focusing on making the car faster again.

Here’s the lip/diffuser I’m talking about.

Old 04-12-2018, 12:15 PM   #40
Runethecursed

looks good. Personally I am a fan of fabricated underplated diffusers on chopped bumpers. stuff like above looks good and all.. .

also you seen the center exit exhaust? so much pretty, makes me want it for nothing but selfish reasons.
Old 04-12-2018, 03:48 PM   #41
Dliverance

I agree with you. If this wasn’t going to be a daily as well as an autox car I would make a proper diffuser but since it is, I’m trying to keep it subtle. I haven’t heard back from that company yet and it’s been almost a week. I’m starting to give up hope. I emailed all three of their different accounts and I check my inbox and spam on a daily basis looking for a response. I don’t even know if they’re still in business.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:05 PM   #42
Dliverance

Fog lights came in today. Just waiting for the grill and headlights now. If all goes well, I’ll have the bumper dropped off at my paint guy this weekend and installed by next weekend.

I’ve also inquired about another rear lip. It’s not as nice as the one above but it’s pretty nice. I want the car to look close to stock but different at the same time. Keep the mods subtle.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:06 AM   #43
Dliverance

Old 04-16-2018, 06:47 PM   #44
Runethecursed

Old 04-16-2018, 07:40 PM   #45
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
If the Chinese rear bumper doesn't pan out, the other (and best) option would be the jdm Vitz RS bumper. Let me know if you're interested in the Netz emblem to replace the Toyota emblem for the front.
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:59 PM   #46
Dliverance

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
If the Chinese rear bumper doesn't pan out, the other (and best) option would be the jdm Vitz RS bumper. Let me know if you're interested in the Netz emblem to replace the Toyota emblem for the front.
I would love be to get my hands on a vitz rear but I can’t find one for a reasonable price (under $800 shipped) and yes, I would like that emblem. Pm’ing you in a few
Old 04-28-2018, 08:01 PM   #47
Dliverance

Looks like I’m going to be selling the blue car. I found a black 2012 locally that I really want. The good news is that I can put my coilovers and supercharger on it but the bad news is that I have a 2010 s front end that I won’t be using now.
Old 04-28-2018, 08:22 PM   #48
Runethecursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dliverance View Post
Looks like I’m going to be selling the blue car. I found a black 2012 locally that I really want. The good news is that I can put my coilovers and supercharger on it but the bad news is that I have a 2010 s front end that I won’t be using now.
oh man time to jump on it...

but also the newer 2012's are MUCH better
Old 04-29-2018, 02:41 AM   #49
Dliverance

Quote:
oh man time to jump on it...

but also the newer 2012's are MUCH better
I agree. I’m already planning an SE front end swap. I’m trading my spyder towards it tomorrow. Made the call to the dealership today. It’s a black two door 5 speed. First one I’ve seen here and I looked for months.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:44 AM   #50
Runethecursed

Good luck man, post photos when you get the car!
Old 04-30-2018, 11:03 AM   #51
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
...but also the newer 2012's are MUCH better

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 05:02 PM   #52
Dliverance

I picked the ‘12 up last night and I have to say, it’s a lot less comfortable than my ‘08. There’s no nice padding on the doors, the dash looks 3D printed and it feels a little bit...cheaper. I like the front end and the overall feel of the car but I’m kind of disappointed that this model doesn’t have cruise control and has traction control. I’m still happy about the purchase but I feel like Toyota didn’t invest as much into this gen.
Old 04-30-2018, 05:06 PM   #53
Dliverance

Old 04-30-2018, 06:39 PM   #54
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
No doubt about it, they look great.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote