Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-12-2011, 04:59 PM   #1
dmfang

Drives: 07 Yaris liftback
cleaning fabric door panels

the fabric door panels are on Fang are starting to look a bit manky and need a good cleaning, but I'm not sure the best way to go about it. I'm hesitant to steam clean it as carpet or upholstery because I don't want to screw with the glue, but I feel like it needs more than the spot cleaning I treat the headliner to.

How have you all gone about this?
dmfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:26 PM   #2
Klink10

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Folex and steam. I have a steamer for detail work which allows me to do it with a cotton towel attached to it. You are right in that you really wouldn't want to focus your steam directly for the reason you stated.
Klink10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:00 AM   #3
kingspetro

Drives: Ford
Once you have the door panels take them to your clean work area to begin the installation. Clean dash and door panels blowing all the dust and dirt out of the seams and crevices. I've also used it on the door panel inserts to remove smudges from careless mechanics.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:36 AM   #4
CHRIS06
Banned

Drives: Bmw
Hi dear today i come back to this forum and i read this topic it's really nice and informative i want to say that we have a

company which provide excellent services of cleaning if anyone interested here than contact here back because fabric is

essential need of every person and every house..they also need it's cleaning some fabric clean at home manually and

some need proper cleaning by a good cleaner!
CHRIS06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:41 PM   #5
vincentg

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007
is there any step by step in cleaning the panels? thank you