Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-24-2012, 07:22 PM   #91
justjesus

Drives: 2008 Liftback
THAT is interesting!!
At this last one, that first right hander, I was pretty much flooring it all the way through.

I like that line of thought! Upgrade the Yaris!!!!!
You're currently on a 16" wheel, right? On a low powered Yaris, going to a lightweight 15" will help. And I'm liking the R1Rs :) just got some new ones thru Micro Image. Thanks Garm!

I'm curious to how both our cars will stack up. I haven't autoX mine in quite some time.

Yeah. Straight on.... it was funny. Except for the two guys working that area.

Hey, which anti-roll bar you running out back??
justjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:50 PM   #92
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Drives: light blue liftback
Yeah I'm running 16" OZ Chono's or something bought them years ago. Yeah I need to move to 15"s this car needs all the torque it can get since that 1-2 shift is so wide hell if I had some redline id be downshifting into first on some of these corners. My car isn't all that well setup so it will be interesting I don't think I've seen yours run yet.

I saw some craziness in the end section but was having a really hard time keeping track of everything since I was working radio and some of the course workers were quite green.

I'm running the TRD bar in the back when I thought running H Stock in this thing was a good idea. I haven't really wanted to replace it since I don't know how the car is going to behave with new springs so its going to be one of the last things I change. It's worked out so far for me.
xnamerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:26 PM   #93
justjesus

LOL - I remember my first autoX, with Long (LT Noogie) - He was riding shot gun and showing me what to do. I went to downshift into first, cuz of the speed i was at. It was hard to do it, by the time I was able to I was moving SOOO slow, he said, "what are you doing? are you trying to PARK the car?"

There are some videos of me running. Including a neat slo mo video. Mostly, interior view vids I did myself. JustJesusVideo on youtube.
My car isn't set up at all. Just ran it in CST. Tiger springs and UR rear bar. HAD TRD intake but I sold it when I thought I was going to do HS. dumb move.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:12 PM   #94
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
"are you trying to PARK the car?"
omg -- priceless. By the time I met you, you were faster than him. Now you're ALMOST faster than me.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #95
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Yeah I need to move to 15"s
Or 13's.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:44 PM   #96
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

If Toyo made r1r in 13" id go that route in a heartbeat but 15" is the only size where I have decent tire choices.

Well my box of toys came in today 350# purple springs now time to get some for the front :)

I've been running CST in my mustang but the pax index is retarded because I can run full slicks in its real class and still pax lower.

You going to be bringing your yaris back for the thinking of lincoln champ?
Old 07-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #97
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

I hope you give us a chance to quote you on parts sometime, we are usually quite competitive.

what is "thinking of lincoln"?

In 13's you've got A6, R6, V710, R888, Ventus and a few others. not so bad.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #98
justjesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
omg -- priceless. By the time I met you, you were faster than him. Now you're ALMOST faster than me.
ALMOST? Darn you, man! I shouldn't have helped you shave those two seconds off..... I WOULD have been faster than you ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnamerxx View Post

Well my box of toys came in today 350# purple springs now time to get some for the front :)

I've been running CST in my mustang but the pax index is retarded because I can run full slicks in its real class and still pax lower.

You going to be bringing your yaris back for the thinking of lincoln champ?

The last box of toys I got were spark plugs and wires :( I want better toys.

I thought CST / CSM were NOT indexed?? Thought it was a run-what-ya-brung class. CSM is for R-comps, CST for street tires.

I'm definitely going to El Toro on Aug 5 (Garm, Cal Club names their events. the next one is Thinking of Lincoln, takes place as I noted above... you should come out so I can beat you finally!!!!) --- I was planning on finding a way to "caravan" my crx as well as my civic, as I do have a co-driver I committed to for the civic. I guess I can maybe bring the Yaris instead. Ultimately, it depends on the run/work order. I can do X-runs in the 2nd vehicle I bring out.

and Garm, sorry, but he can't run any of those tire choices you listed if he plans to continue to run in STF. It's the street tire class. :)
Old 07-26-2012, 02:13 PM   #99
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Quote:
I hope you give us a chance to quote you on parts sometime, we are usually quite competitive.

what is "thinking of lincoln"?

In 13's you've got A6, R6, V710, R888, Ventus and a few others. not so bad.

The springs I bought were only available from one vendor from what I could find it was an odd size 3" coilover spring used on off road trucks or something basically a hard to find part.

I would normally go through you guys since your the only vendor that can get parts in a reasonable amount of time are the easiest to work with.

Quote:
thought CST / CSM were NOT indexed?? Thought it was a run-what-ya-brung class. CSM is for R-comps, CST for street tires.
Yeah CST/CSM are paxed I think CSM is .879 and CST is .862 basically if you want to be competitive on the pax index cst is a bad class to run unless you have a fully prepped mod car on street tires.

Yeah thats the reason I ran CP last event I don't like working at noon and running at 4-5 it gets old quick.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #100
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

If anyone is interested in running an autocross on 8/5/12 Cal Club will be hosting the Thinking of Lincoln event. Here are the details https://www.motorsportreg.com/index....7BE4DCFE0FEFE0

You should bring your car out Garm, people still talk about that thing like it was a unicorn.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #101
justjesus

WHAT?!?!

People are STILL talking about his Yaris? Oh WOW. He hasn't been to an event in a while!!
Old 07-26-2012, 02:36 PM   #102
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Yeah I've had at least 5 people tell me about this one crazy Yaris that showed up with a bunch of other Yaris's Yarii not sure of pluralization in tow.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:16 PM   #103
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

I think even with my R888's I have to be in SM or CSM. But I don't understand the classing at all, and I'm not really competing to win.

I'll try for Aug. 5, but we'll see what's going on at home.

I bet they talk about it... "yeah there was this really fast Yaris being driven by a total NOOB senior driver....".... .. .....................
Old 07-26-2012, 03:46 PM   #104
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

I think your car falls into SMF or a EP car or a CSM car if you don't care about which national class your car runs in.

Nah I haven't heard anything negative about your car just that it was a crazy yaris.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #105
justjesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnamerxx View Post
Yeah I've had at least 5 people tell me about this one crazy Yaris that showed up with a bunch of other Yaris's Yarii not sure of pluralization in tow.
must have been from this day.... dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by 424262

:
Old 07-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #106
Jason@SportsCar

Drives: 2015 H Production Yaris
Quote:
I think even with my R888's I have to be in SM or CSM. But I don't understand the classing at all, and I'm not really competing to win.

I'll try for Aug. 5, but we'll see what's going on at home.

I bet they talk about it... "yeah there was this really fast Yaris being driven by a total NOOB senior driver....".... .. .....................
Previously you would have been in CSM (local class with DOT R tires) or XP (national class with any tire) due to the forced induction and carbon rear hatch - with a stock rear hatch you could have run SMF (national class).

With the interior out you are limited to CSM or XP. You could go to Mod, likely EM, but you are better off in CSM or XP.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #107
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Well I decided to test fit the rear coilover springs I got and thank god Toyota drilling holes in the spring seat so I could use something to secure the spring just in case the wheel got to full droop.

Also learned the old perch perch pads from my mustang are a perfect fit for the spring adjuster that comes with the HR coilovers.

Although these springs through a wrench in my plans now because going down the Saleen test route I didn't get one instance or corner exit wheel spin like I normally would so I don't know if removing the front bar is a good idea anymore even though they don't feel all that much stiffer than the ones I just removed.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #108
justjesus

^ should have include a couple of pics!

hmm. you know what the rates were? maybe they are not that different