Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 10:02 PM   #37
jdium
Mr Attitude

Drives: Blazing Blue 5 Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
Anyway, the whole arguing against street racing in the street racing thread thing is simply juvenile.
The ones arguing against it are juvenile?

GROW
THE
FUCK
UP
PEOPLE

My point of you being a moderator is that you have made judgments about other threads being inappropriate due to illegal activity, yet this is ok? You represent the OWNER of the web site, correct? You make judgments, "moderate", on his behalf, correct? If you posted something about playing with guns in public or other idiotic adventures, you would get the same "morality" responses...
Old 09-07-2007, 10:12 PM   #38
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
I represent the owner? No. I represent us. There are two rules on these forums: no personal attacks and no beyond-the-red-tape vending. Other than that, its fair game... and that is one of the great things about YarisWorld. I don't legislate morality, nor do I make persistent posts judging the morality of others. I'm smarter than that.

Don't pick a fight with me jdium. If you don't like the topic, don't read the thread. There is no nudity here, no offensive language... just move on.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:19 PM   #39
jdium
Mr Attitude

Quote:
I'm smarter than that.

Don't pick a fight with me jdium. If you don't like the topic, don't read the thread. There is no nudity here, no offensive language... just move on.
Smarter than that eh?

"By the end of the turn I was going 95 MPH and probably pulling a full G"

I'm not picking a fight. Just because I don't high-five you and say Good Job, doesn't mean I don't like the topic. I don't understand how you can be proud of something so reckless?

Just stating my opinion, and asking you to defend your actions. "that is one of the great things about YarisWorld."

If you are so offended by the morality of my posts, why dignify them with a response? Move On...
Old 09-07-2007, 10:23 PM   #40
ChinoCharles
Banned

OK jdium.

I've spoken out against street racing on these very forums before. I don't think it is right and I don't advocate it.

However, as a 22 year old male citizen of the United States with a serverely recognizable car, I get called out from time to time and my testosterone forces me to do silly things.

I did a silly thing and decided to post it. I even threw in a little disclaimer to try and deter folks from posting garbage rants in my thread.

Didn't work, did it?

Now that I came clean, can you stay out of my fucking thread? Do you feel better?

DO YOU ALWAYS DO THE RIGHT THING?
Old 09-07-2007, 10:28 PM   #41
jdium
Mr Attitude

Feel better now?
Old 09-07-2007, 10:29 PM   #42
ChinoCharles
Banned

For stating the blatantly obvious? I feel like I just talked to my toddler.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:37 PM   #43
Go4th

Drives: Yaris S Sedan color Flint Mica
You are breaking the slower traffic law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch View Post
I agreed with your comments until the last part....

the speed limit is just that the limit, if i choose to drive the limit in the "so called fast lane" what law am I breaking the limit, is the limit...I hate tailgators like yourself.
But the law does have signs on the highway/interstate that says

“Slower Traffic Keep Right”

And let’s not forget the other one too.

“Keep right except to pass”

That is a law too, and your breaking that one.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:44 PM   #44
jdium
Mr Attitude

Quote:
For stating the blatantly obvious? I feel like I just talked to my toddler.
Well, too bad you didn't get my point. Maybe when you teach your toddler how to be responsible you can grow up a bit too.

I don't always do the right thing, but I don't risk other peoples lives for the thrill of it. I had a very bad wreck when I was 17 in a 5.0. I was a "good fast driver" too. After the accident, I grew up. My wife is a paramedic, she sees the after effects of people like you often. It's not worth the risk...the fact that's not "blatantly obvious" to a 22 year old says something...

I know you are going to take this post personal, I don't care. Maybe it will stick with you a bit next time you consider a crowded roadway a maze...
Old 09-07-2007, 10:47 PM   #45
ChinoCharles
Banned

Why would I take anything personally from someone I don't know? I could care less buddy. Glad you got it out, though.

Here is something to channel all that energy towards. I look forward to hearing the story of your ongoing crusade oh virtuous one.

http://www.streetsmartsusa.org/

For the record, I would have smoked the kid on a track too! Actually, I'm drunk right now. Maybe I should attend confessional tomorrow. I'm so ill-behaved. My Mom would be ashamed.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:58 PM   #46
jdium
Mr Attitude

Ok, you're my hero
Old 09-07-2007, 11:01 PM   #47
ChinoCharles
Banned

Thanks buddy. I'll put my cape on now.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:16 AM   #48
fu_im_from_texas

Drives: Liftback
Send a message via AIM to fu_im_from_texas
Thumbs down consistency

Quote:
...There are two rules on these forums: no personal attacks and no beyond-the-red-tape vending. Other than that, its fair game... and that is one of the great things about YarisWorld. ...
if this is the case, then elsteverino's "drunk driving" thread should be unlocked... free speech should not be limited to moderators...
Old 09-08-2007, 01:43 AM   #49
ChinoCharles
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fu_im_from_texas View Post
if this is the case, then elsteverino's "drunk driving" thread should be unlocked... free speech should not be limited to moderators...
Actually, we received a complaint from a user on that thread.

You guys want to believe so badly that there is some huge moderator conspiracy here, don't you?
Old 09-08-2007, 01:55 AM   #50
sherryberry

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue Yaris
Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
I don't know about you but I think drunk driving is a lot more serious and dangerous than someone who is sober and speeding..

-Said by me during a game of Cranium.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:43 AM   #51
CF-Shane

Drives: 1993 Toyota Terecel 2 door
Send a message via AIM to CF-Shane Send a message via Yahoo to CF-Shane
Man... some people buy soap boxes in bulk, huh?

(referring to the folks disproportionaly lashing out at Chino)

Quote:

You guys want to believe so badly that there is some huge moderator conspiracy here, don't you?
Part of the job man, part of the job. I've been doing it for a while, and it sunk in quick that there's a bullseye tattooed on your nut sack that comes with the title.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:55 AM   #52
blueskana

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
This is a touchy subject, because on one hand most of these non-track stories involve someone blatently/dangerously breaking the law. For that reason, and peoples own personal experiences, they are justified in having strong reactions/condemnation for these illegal actions. On the other hand, in one way or another, almost everyone intentionally breaks the law. The degree and the severity often separated by experience and normal human weaknesses. So in principal, at least, no one is blameless. I'd like to say I keep it on the track/course, and when I'm on the roads set the cruise control at whatever the speed limit is, ignore any challenges, and am a "safe, responsible driver". Unfortunatly, when the road is empty, and there is a corner I am familiar with, that's not the case: a corner with a "15 mph" limit, I try to take at 45, "25 mph" at 75, maxing up to 90... roughly 3x the posted limit.
I justify that as soon as I exit the turn I return to the speed limit, no one else is around should things go badly, I have life insurance, am an organ donor, and have a 'Do Not Resusitate' tag so in theory not toooo much effort is waisted trying to bring me back. But in truth I'm wrong. This IS a pretty much free forum, and anyone is/should be allowed to post what they want (Moderator limitations/responsibilities whatever they may be)... though disclaimers not withstanding, replies and opinions can't be halted either.
Soooo I guess if you post something shady, just expect to catch as much flak as atta-boys, and if someone tells you to go stuff the moralistic preaching, expect that too and don't get too bent out of shape. I pray for safe miles for us all.

Old 09-08-2007, 08:12 AM   #53
leasaunce

Drives: Toyota Yaris
Quote:
I've never been in an accident.
me too!
Old 09-08-2007, 12:15 PM   #54
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go4th View Post
But the law does have signs on the highway/interstate that says

“Slower Traffic Keep Right”

And let’s not forget the other one too.

“Keep right except to pass”

That is a law too, and your breaking that one.

hmm "slower traffic keep right" thats for vehicles traveling under the speed limit.

you got me on the keep right except to pass, which to me means in a 3 lane highway, everyone in the middle lane, and the fast lane are speeding and breaking the law, because everyone should be in the right most lane, doing the limit.